cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no way to show the Quest 2's Display on a PC?

LeoTheLeopardNZ
Honored Guest

One thing I have wanted to do for a while now is to stream my Quest 2 games to my friends on Discord. Why isn't there just a way to like... do that. I know I can't download my Quest 2 exclusive apps onto my PC (For some reason, which I think is crazy) But Why isn't there a way in the Oculus PC app to just mirror my Quest's Display and Sound as a window so I can talk to people on Discord WHILE playing Quest exclusive apps? Or at least some way to get my Quest exclusive apps on my PC so I can use Air Link or the Link Cable to be able to talk to my friends on Discord and show them my game while I play.

3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

You can use https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy to mirror the Quest's view with a PC and https://github.com/rom1v/sndcpy to mirror audio.

(I've never used sndcpy though, but I use scrcpy a lot for debugging and testing)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Can I use this to talk to my friends while I play though?

kojack
MVP
MVP

Using the Quest's mic, probably not. But you could have a nearby mic on the PC for that.

A conference speaker like a Jabra would work well, I use one for zoom meetings, it can pick up a whole classroom and works as a speaker too. So it could do all the discord chat stuff (mic and speaker) while the software above does the game.

In theory. I've never tried sharing a Quest game over discord.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2