cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi on Oculus Quest 2 just broken

Nickelbink
Honored Guest
Hey everyone!

I received my first Quest 2 on release date and did the setup, during the setup, my Quest already just randomly disconnected from wifi (after the update was done and it had restarted). No wifi would show up in networks and even after creating a 2.4GHz standalone network for the quest, it kept disconnecting.

Evrytime I restarted, the Quest would have less than 1 minute connection and then just disconnect and not show any networks anymore. After talking to support, and still not having fixed the problem, I returned my Quest 2 and asked for a new one.

So now I'm here, with my new Quest 2 and it has the exact same problem. It shows networks and can connect for less than one minute, and then it just seems as if wifi is fully broken.

Also, if I turn off wifi for a bit and then turn it on again, it seems as if the wifi just doesn't want to turn on at all anymore.

I've just factory reset my quest and it doesn't want to connect at all anymore. So I'm stuck, can't do anything. Only just skip through the first few steps of setup to be stuck at an empty network list again.

Connecting via phone says "Name or password is not correct" while it definitely is (I have checked 10 times, and my phone itself connects perfectly). I have tried setting up a 2.4GHz network, and a 5GHz network, both also at a fixed channel.

Can somebody please help me with this? 

(Oh btw, the ticket oculus support website gives a 403 forbidden error constantly, sooo.. that's not gonna work, and I'd rather have proper help now than waiting another 3 days before another "Try troubleshooting" answer 😞 )
20 REPLIES 20

Nickelbink
Honored Guest
Thanks in advance!

PITTCANNA
Visionary
if you have mesh networks enabled disable.

restart your router.

connect to a 5ghz network for best results.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a similar issue on my network with my old network setup. Basically, I had a router and lots of TP-link plugs around the house that went into the wall socket and repeated the wi-fi signal. They had to be paired with the router initially. Everything was fine until the router got reset and then we'd keep getting disconnected and also wrong password showing up. Removing these repeaters/access points solved the issue.

Reset your network: reset router, pair the repeaters or access points again.

That was with my old network setup. I've now got a ASUS RT-AX82U AX5400 Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 and it works great even better than my router from the ISP.

eric_pommer
Explorer
I'm having exactly the same problem.  Can't even finish the updating process.  I have no repeaters or other extenders, and nothing else is having a problem with the wifi.  I'm pretty much ready to ship it back.

Meetz
Honored Guest
I have the exact same problem, i will boot up the headset and it will maybe connect to wifi for a minute or two, then it will just disconnect and start searching for new wifi's forever without finding anything at all. I have my 2.4 and 5ghz networks seperated already so no thats not the problem. The problem is just that my headset simply wont find any of the nearby networks even though there are many different networks nearby. Is the wifi chip broken? I mean it connects for a little bit after a reboot so i guess the wifi onboard is working to some extent so is it software related then? can it be fixed with an update??

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe try taking it to a friend's home with good 5Ghz wifi and try it there.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Tumble64
Honored Guest
Can you help please:: I have wifi which is fine when quest 2 was working unconnected  free from PC. I had the link working and it was fine. Today I tried it and when the link is active it works fine until I click on the explore button and it informs me that there is no wifi connection. unplug the link cable and all is fine.Over to you kind people

KaBox
Explorer

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Can't even finish the updating process.  I have no repeaters or other extenders, and nothing else is having a problem with the wifi.  I'm pretty much ready to ship it back.

Don't ship it back, you will regret due to Quest2 is a award from technology which not discover yet.
We all are same . Same the wifi chip on Quest2, same wifi coding module. Due to Quest2 equiping Snapdragon 802.11ax wifi chip which integrated in XR2. Due to it's new so it can not compatible all routers on market. So we should require Quest 2 give us the router list which work great on Quest 2. My friend using Huawei AX3000 for 20 bucks work great with 5Gh wifi, Virtual Desktop playable .

Recommended router for Quest 2 for this time : Asus RT-AX86U . ( be worried Asus RT-AX86U will out of stock soon due to Quest 2 5Ghz wifi unique issues )

if you have issues on 5Ghz bands, try to disable it, use 2.4Ghz for temporary . Wait for 802.11be wifi 7 routers .

NicklasG
Honored Guest
I had the exact same problem with two Oculus Quest 2.