cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will quest 2 work with an Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB?

Zulautonthebeat
Honored Guest
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows if the quest 2 will work with an Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB? I have a 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 and 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 of memory. 
5 REPLIES 5

PITTCANNA
Visionary
no

rtathegawd84
Protege
Generally the lowest graphics card for PC VR are the nvidia gtx 1060 and AMD radeon RX 480 these are about 800%+ more powerful/effective speed than the UHD 630 onboard graphics.. and take into account even those graphics cards mentioned above are very old now in tech terms and aren't enough to push the newest games in 1440p or 4k and can't do medium-high settings. So I think that answers your question..

Most people will tell you to get the GTX 1070 or better, but I'd say GTX 1080Ti or RTX 2080 or better due to the recently unlocked 90hz screen speed for the Q2 (so you need to power 90fps for smooth gameplay) and to run the near 4k internal screen with the added fact it renders then has to add compression before sending it to the Q2 so higher extra workload compared to a true PC VR headset.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Again if no discreet graphics card, it won't work.  I assume it's a laptop and your are not able to upgrade it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
shit

Alien111
Honored Guest

Is the a way to bypass the gpu check? I've seen the quest 2 run just fine on a surface book. ignoring the gpu should be an option from the beginning.