cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we get the $50 credit if I purchase a second Oculus to do a gift?

IT_Impe.Survivor
Explorer

Hi all!
I purchased my Oculus Quest 2 on Amazon. I've connected my facebook account and everything is going well. Now I'm going to purchase a second OQ2 directly from here (oculus.com), to do a gift.
So, to be clear, I'm going to purchase the OQ2 from here, with my existing account, and  then I'll configure it with my father's facebook account. 
I had a nice conversation with a member from the support and he confirmed me that the credit will be available for the owner of the Facebook account that will be associated with that Oculus.

Now I have a doubt, because during the purchaising, the system says 'Buy any new Quest 2 today and get a €50 Game Credit added to your account upon activation. Restriction apply.'

It says 'to your account' and not 'to the facebook account that will be associated with the device'. This puts me in trouble, since I already have my oculus connected to my fb account and there could be some restrictions.

Could someone from the support kindly let me know if the credit will be available for my father connecting the new oculus to his account, even if I'm purchasing it from my account (that, as said, has already been activated) ?

Thank you in advance.

I'd also like to know if the box comes with the content visible (so, directly in the original packaging with the image of the Oculus right there) or if it guarantees the privacy with an additional empty box.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Impe-Survivor, we're glad you reached out to learn more about the promotion! If you've purchased a Quest 2 recently and linked your Oculus Account, you'll be receiving the credit if you purchase the gift with this account. You could set up another account for your father and pass along the information which he can change to his liking, that way he'll have the credit granted to his own account. As for the packaging, the packaging will come in a brown box, with the actual Oculus packaging inside. The only thing that will hint off the package containing an Oculus would be the shipping label.

We hope this answered any questions you had. If you have any other questions, we'd be happy to help!

We look forward to seeing you and your father in the metaverse. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So wait, when my father buys here the oculus quest 2 (on oculus.com) and im setting up my new oculus quest 2 and connect it with MINE oculus and facebook account, i should get the credit on MY acocunt. 

Like, my father buys it on his account on this website, i link the NEW oculus quest 2 to my account and then is the ccredit on my account?

Hey thorben.vandersande, thanks for reaching out to us! We see you also have some questions about the promotion. To clarify, whichever account makes the purchase of the Quest 2 will have the credit added to that account. You can read all of the terms of our promotion below or on the checkout page:

Requires wireless internet access and a Facebook account. Smartphone required to run the Oculus app (free download) to set up device.

WARNING. Read and follow Safety and Warranty Guide for important safety information. Failure to follow warnings and instructions could result in serious injury or property damage. For latest version, go to oculus.com/warnings.

Setup requires an iPhone (iOS 10 or higher) or Android™ (5.0 Lollipop or higher) smartphone, the Oculus App (free download), 802.11 b/g/n wireless Internet access, and an Oculus account. Additional details available here. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Other referenced marks are the property of their respective owners.

* Available storage less than shown due to existing software. Oculus Quest 2 will require certain updates to be installed from time to time, including prior to first use.

** Price shown is for shipping to the following country/region: US. Price shown includes costs for standard shipping. Applicable tax to be listed prior to checkout based on information you provide.

† Credits must be redeemed and spent by 2/27/2022.

Credits will expire on the date expressed in connection with the promotion or at the point of issuance. If no expiration date is provided, Credits will expire twelve (12) months from the date they are posted to your Oculus Store account. Upon expiration, credits will no longer be available and will not be refunded.

†† Offer valid October 26 , 2021 (10:00 a.m. PT) – December 26, 2021 (9:59 a.m. PT). Valid with the purchase of any Oculus Quest 2 device and Quest 2 Elite Strap with Battery at www.oculus.com only, while supplies last. Both products must be purchased in the same transaction to qualify. Not valid on prior orders or purchases and non-transferable. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Limit one (1) discount per transaction. Savings automatically applied at checkout. Software sold separately. Offer may be cancelled or modified at any time without notice. Void where prohibited.

We hope this clears up any confusion, we're excited to see you all in the metaverse!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

But why are the pepole at the mail support that the account thats activate the oculus quest 2 is getting the credit? I don't understand anymore..

Hi @thorben.vandersande , maybe I did a bit of confusion because I've been asking to the support more than a question at time, via chat (I contacted them to help me with another request, and in the while I've also asked about this promotion and we have also been talking about the fb invitation promotion). 
So, in the end, I've probably mixed-up everything 😄

Thank you @MetaQuestSupport , I'll be re-reading your answer later when I have a bit more of time and can focus on it, and I'll let you know if I have further question.

Thank you and
Kind regards

Question - what if the purchase of Oculus Quest 2 was made during the offer (when 50$ offer was shown on the homepage of the Oculus website) however the activation is done, say 15 days later? Ideally, we should be getting the credit right after 15 days as well ?