cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wirless Streaming Query (Air Link, Virtual Desktop)

Oroculus_Spectoculus
Honored Guest

Hi, ive recently purchased an oculus quest 2, and im trying to effectively stream pcvr games wirelessly (air link, virtual desktop), and both are not working properly.
oculus link works when using a cable, however ive yet to buy the proper link cable, it does connect however but advises a better cable (USB-3) to work better.
When setting up to use Air link, it picks up my computer, pairs the two devices to launch air link, but then crashes and tells me connection lost, struggling to link on the network.
Virtual desktop has similar connection issues; also it doesn't pick up my ethernet cable when i plug it in.
But when using only wi-fi(which is not recommend) it urges me to plug in ethernet cable, but actually connects, although with a poor display and performance.
Ive searched all sorts of fixes, like display settings, updating driver, turning off HDR settings (pretty much most query/forum solutions) and none has been effective.
I'm unsure what the problem is when streaming both apps,
is it a network problem and/or my graphic card or any driver issues. I'm not the most tech savvy person so any help would be appreciated.
My graphics card is an ADM Radeon Pro 5500 XT, and my Router is Technicolor DGA2231,dual band , and I've dedicated the 5ghz to the headset, also I use  a 2020 iMac running Windows 10 via Bootcamp, so if there's any settings changes that people may know about when doing this that could help also.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Besides getting a proper win10 pc and recommended cpu/gpu (google for this) for wireless you should at least disable band steering on your router so it does not try to switch over to 2.4Ghz.  Also helps if you are close to your router, preferably in the same room for decent wifi reception.  Maybe also try changing your 5Ghz channel to something like ch36 (what I use).

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Tearing my hair out.  it does say on the Oculus website my graphics card is supported under the requirements,  although I know there are better ones out there. I was cautious before I purchased, but now annoyed by the fact extra purchases are racking up. It does stream games wirelessly on virtual desktop, but mainly the connection is the problem (not connecting the ethernet cable) saying "measuring bandwidth" etc and cant determine whether its my graphics card as it states performance will be degraded, so in a conundrum . Thanks for the reply.