cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account for son

ChavNinja13
Explorer
I brought quest 2  for my son however I don't want him to use my facebook account nor do I want him to be able to use my credit card.
What do I do?
9 REPLIES 9

PITTCANNA
Visionary
set him up a kids facebook account.  The oculus quest utilizes a 4 digit pin that you can set, so he would need you to buy the titles, assuming you select your payment method of choice.

ChavNinja13
Explorer
the thing is I set up an account in my name on my phone and linked my fb to the quest 2 - 
he has reset the rift so do I now delete the oculas account on my phone?
 and put it on his phone and start again ?
or can I change the facebook account the app on my phone is linked to?

ChavNinja13
Explorer
also I brought him a game what can I do to give him access to the game I brought at the start under my facebook account on my phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may need to contact support on this one. Its one Facebook account per person and if you have already merged the account with your FB then you cannot undo it yourself.

ChavNinja13
Explorer
thanks I contacted them its highlighting that there are some serious issues with this for teens, basically there are no parental controls and your kids have access to your private account totally insane

ChavNinja13
Explorer
So  fter several days still no fix or real help from oculus support, I still can't link the new Facebook account its not pairing or working with the headset code, so now I can't do anything with the set.

I followed oculus instructions to change the password for the account (really don't know why and just gave them a new password which was not related to anything, I did try to find out more or why but no help there )  

Seems it allowed them to uninstalled the facebook link  on the email account I set it up with which now leaves me with nothing.

I deleted the app and reinstalled the headset from scratch found the correct facebook on the app but it would not pair.

So trying to reinstall it with new facebook is not working its not pairing at all.as it will not pair up with the his facebook account and
my account tells me the oculus account I set up with it is no longer logged into facebook.

So I am pulling my hair out please help.

I think I will have to return the whole thing as its not fit for purpose.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I will have to return the whole thing as its not fit for purpose.

Many have given up and done this i think. 
😞

ChavNinja13
Explorer
It's odd the oculus support emails have stopped replying now for 3 days this is a terrible service 

matthew.a.berg
Honored Guest

Any ideas? I have the very Same question.

we made the mistake w Xbox and linked the cc card. Never again.