cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

air link on quest 1

EbokGamer
Honored Guest

I have a quest (1) and I don't see the option for air link in experimentel features. I have read some comments on reddit that it was only on quest 2 when it launched. Is air link going to comme to quest (1) or not?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked the same question and i hope so ..

However it would be a good Upgrade tactic for oculus if they did not so im not holding out much hope.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well apparently there is a way to enable Airlink on the Quest 1 by replacing an app file in the software and installing an Airlink,apk through Sidequest. I would much rather they just incorporated it officially for the Quest 1 though.

The instructions are here: https://360rumors.com/enable-air-link-oculus-quest-1-5-steps-easy/ 

Seems simple so I'll give it a go.

I agree if it's possible then it should be implemented officially... unless there are performance problems caused by the original Quest's more limited hardware, will report back.

Anyone else tried it yet? how did it perform?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so i tried it ... Most impressed !!

Unbelievably easy to setup.

I have only tried a couple things but it works just great. The best thing is that through Virtual Desktop i found sometimes the controllers did not function without using the link cable but that is not the case with this.

Really loving it so far so on to do more testing:)

@DaftnDirect  Thanks for the link 

Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing to note is when you finish a session the Airlink turns off in the beta section of the Oculus app.

So you need to re enable it for the next time you want to use it.

That's great @Anonymous I've been using Medium a lot lately and it's one program that doesn't work at all with VD... and it's a program that would be fantastic to use while I'm sitting on my comfy sofa, away from the PC.

What router do you have? I'm using the latest BT Homehub which has a strong signal but doesn't allow you to pick which frequency to use for each device, I think it defaults to 5Ghz for the Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaftnDirect 

Im using Virgin's Super Hub 2 which is part of my monthly package.

Specs .. 

🔐Super Hub 2 Default Password & Login, and Reset instructions | RouterReset (router-reset.com)

Seems to do the job nicely ..

Well it's working and I'm impressed, Medium definitely works and it feels pretty much as responsive as with the Rift-S. I don't seem to be getting any noticeable input lag. Early days and not sure how different demanding games will be rather than memory intensive 3D modelling. Definitely a promising start!!

It didn't work the first time but I think that was because I forgot to unplug the cable, doh!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So far its just fantastic !!

Seems my steam games load so much faster than using the the cable for some strange reason ?
It just seems to go straight in without any steam pop ups that i used to get via cable.