cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

air link on quest 1

EbokGamer
Honored Guest

I have a quest (1) and I don't see the option for air link in experimentel features. I have read some comments on reddit that it was only on quest 2 when it launched. Is air link going to comme to quest (1) or not?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really do not see why the Quest 1 could not have Airlink included.

Ok you need a good wireless router but the option to use it like the Q2 couldnt hurt.

For me its certainly better than cable.

I have a suspicion it'll come to Quest 1. No doubt there's an incentive for Oculus to use it as one of the reasons for people to upgrade... and maybe there's a development implication in having two headsets to make sure it performs ok on.

But given that the unofficial hack seems to work well, and it's so simple to do, the upgrade reasoning (if that's the case) probably no longer applies.

I think we need to put it through its paces on demanding stuff to make sure it's ok across the board before coming to a definite conclusion, but tbh even if it struggles with some games, the fact that it works well on the ones I've tried is reason enough to have it.

The one thing that I've decided though is that the OLED on the Q1 is less comfortable on my eyes than the Rift-S LCD, which is very noticeable with Medium and bright scene gaming. I wonder if this testing is pushing me more towards upgrading Q1 to Q2 after all!