cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buttons pressing by there own

recroomers
Explorer

I've bought my oculus quest 2 2 months ago and the left controller run button clicks on its own but it only happens on the home screen and fixes

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey recroomers! having a controller randomly input can absolutely prohibit your experience with your Quest 2, and we wouldn't want that for any of our beloved Meta Quest family members! We'd like to provide you with some steps we think may help, please attempt the following to see if any change is made! 

First,

• Open the Oculus app on the phone.
  • Tap Settings from the bottom menu.
  • Tap the headset that is currently paired.
  • Tap Controller, then tap the desired controller to unpair.
  • Tap Unpair Controller.

After your controllers are unpaired, complete the following to repair your controllers

If not already done, insert the included battery into the controller, then tap Continue on the Oculus app.

• Open the Oculus app
  • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 in the top left corner of the Oculus app
  • Tap Settings in the bottom right corner of the app.
  • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 under the user's name and email.
  • Tap Controllers then tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.

Please let us know if these steps were useful in getting your controller to stop inputting randomly. If not, we can point you in the next right direction! Fingers crossed!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Same thing happens to me. That didn’t work.