cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't pair Quest 2 after setup

MockingSpark
Explorer

Hello,

I recieved my Quest 2 two days ago, and had a little trouble pairing the app (Xiaomi Mi A3, Android 10) with the headset but it eventually worked.
Today, I tried to open the app to enable developper mode (I bought the Quest 2 half for playing, half for developping) and couldn't find the Quest 2 in my devices list. And, I can't pair them anymore : they are on the same Wi-Fi network, bluetooth enabled (they "see" eachother in the "Bluetooth" pannel) but the app keeps requesting the 5-digit code I can't access anymore since the initial setup is over.
It shows as paired on Oculus PC, and on the "devices" page of mu oculus.com account. When I try to cast the screen, the app works well, but I can't see the headset and so can't set it up.

I tried re-installing the app and it did not solve anything. Tried reboot the headset, the phone, both together, nothing.

Do you have an idea on how to solve this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MockingSpark
Explorer

Hello,

It took me a few days (on my side, the support was really fine) and I wanted to make sure it would not disconnect again before posting.

To solve the problem, I had to update to 28.0 and do a factory reset. It allowed me to see the 5-digit code again on a fresh up-to-date system.

Hope it can help someone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! If you haven't already please open a support ticket with us here and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks, I realized I forgot to send the ticket. It is done now.

I created a post here too cause it can help someone else if a solution is found

MockingSpark
Explorer

Hello,

It took me a few days (on my side, the support was really fine) and I wanted to make sure it would not disconnect again before posting.

To solve the problem, I had to update to 28.0 and do a factory reset. It allowed me to see the 5-digit code again on a fresh up-to-date system.

Hope it can help someone.

user5928
Honored Guest

Have same prob no help from support does not work