cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant install app from side quest to quest2

Soul_animal
Honored Guest
I tried inatalling any app from side quest to quest 2 as I had bought many vr games from steam. I wish to install Vr desktop but not even vr desktop or any title on side quest can be installed to my quest2. FyI on my quest 2 i use my facebook account as my oculus account cannot be logged in from my phone. but on the sidequest i had to creat an oculus account. My quest2 is detected by the sidequest software.
8 REPLIES 8

PITTCANNA
Visionary
you need to put the headset in developer mode, so if you can borrow a tablet of a phone to login to the occulus app and click the headset to set up and place in developer.

Soul_animal
Honored Guest

I did set mine to delveloper mode. but when i went to side quest and click on install to headset. when i went to the library it was empty..not to mentioned my task list on my sidequest was empty too.

PITTCANNA said:

you need to put the headset in developer mode, so if you can borrow a tablet of a phone to login to the occulus app and click the headset to set up and place in developer.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
You still need to put it in developer mode with a cellphone.  Also make sure you allow the connection the first time you connect to usb with sidequest. You need to leave the usb cable plugged in when installing apps

Gage_Rogers
Honored Guest

I tried inatalling any app from side quest to quest 2 as I had bought many vr games from steam. I wish to install Vr desktop but not even vr desktop or any title on side quest can be installed to my quest2. FyI on my quest 2 i use my facebook account as my oculus account cannot be logged in from my phone. but on the sidequest i had to creat an oculus account. My quest2 is detected by the sidequest software.

I'm having the same problem and have tried everything. Did you ever find a solution? 

I am having the same problem. I can install the Puzzle Beta game which is cool, but would like to try Liminal and a few others.  When I SideQuest load them, everything claims the install was successful but when you try to find the app in the "Apps" on the Quest 2, they don't show.

hans.leeuwen.71
Honored Guest

Same, applabs works fine.

You have to filter by “unknown sources” on the quest 2 when looking through games/apps

It doesn’t show along side of the rest of your games. Upper right, click the drop down arrow. Filter by bottom option which is unknown sources. Then all sidequest stuff will list.