cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confirming whether Oculus Quest or quest 2 or rift compatible with MSI GF63 laptop

V_Mukesh_kumar
Explorer
I am planning to buy a new laptop for my final year vr project. I read the requirements but still not sure about the USB ports and HDMI port are compatible with oculus vr or not i have not much experience on laptop hardware So i kindly request oculus community to confirm that whether the below-mentoined laptop is compatible with oculus vr MSI GF63 Thin Core i7 10th Gen - (16 GB/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050-4gb) GF63 Thin 10UC-606IN Gaming Laptop USB Port-1 x Type-C USB 3.2 gen.1, 3 x Type-A USB 3.1 gen.1 HDMI Port-1 x HDMI https://www.flipkart.com/msi-gf63-thin-core-i7-10th-gen-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-windows-10-home-4-graphics-...
8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there V_Mukesh_kumar, thanks for reaching out to us! I bet you're wondering if your device is compatible with our products. The Quest 2 device requires only a USB or USB C connection to use Oculus Link, no HDMI needed as it's a standalone headset but alternatively you can utilize Air Link to play wire-free! We recommend checking with the manufacturer of the laptop to know for sure whether or not the device is compatible with your PC. As long as the PC meets the system requirements, you should be all set to hop into the metaverse. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Beezy09
Honored Guest

i bought a rift s, and msi gf63  bundle. Does not seem to be a compatible port.

Thank you for sharing your experience
i was about to buy that laptop.
Can i know what was the exact issue?
is it because of port  or graphics card

It only has hdmi display port. Not the port for Oculus, also no mini display port. If you ever find a reliable adapter workaround, please let me know.

Zoso67
Explorer

Be very careful. I have an MSI gf75c thin that says VR ready and even has a place to turn the VR features on and off. But it will not work for any of my steam games in VR. It says my GTX 1660 to is not compatible. It is listed as a supported card, any GTX 16xx and up. 

Airlink with a good wifi signal.

where i can find that place in laptop pls tell

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! Just dropping in, we note that the MSI GF63 laptop has a couple of issues that may cause some issues with PCVR compatibility. Starting with the GTX 1650 since it is underspec. Please refer to our spec required page, here, if at all possible. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!