cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

guardian floor setting

sandyy4
Explorer

When trying to set the floor level for guardian will not set. it is hovering over about 1"-1 1/2" above the actual floor. how do i correct this issue. I have tried almost everything to correct this, but nothing seems to work. This has happened once before and after putting my oculus away for weeks, then trying again it worked. Please help because I bought this to play not to just sit in the corner. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gojak
Protege

When setting the floor, touch the controllers to the ground. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jidensky
Honored Guest

Same thing is happening to me. So frustrating, especially the fact that there’s no help at all

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you getting the infamous red x and pink dots? Several people have reported the floor issue you describe along with strange pink dots and a red x on the floor.

Yes… there was a red x and a number of pink dots. I was nervous at 1st lol. 
Right now I am able to play on it with no issues setting the floor level. I am hoping I am able to play with no more issues

Gojak
Protege

When setting the floor, touch the controllers to the ground. 

When I was experiencing the issue I sat the controller on the floor to try an get it to register but that didn’t work. 
It took me not playing my set for some days to have it work correctly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gojak: the issue described here is a common one that is not fixed by putting the controller on the floor. When you get the red X and the pink dots, the Oculus completely ignores the controller when trying to set the floor.

Annilah
Explorer

this keeps happening to me too! i came here to try to find a fix for it. 

Hey. My guardian began doing this again last week so I tried to delete the previous guardian setting but this still didn’t work. 
Then I just decided to reset back to factory settings and start over which I was glad I did because it worked. 
I was nervous at first because I thought I would loose my games that I purchased but I didn’t. Try resetting it. 
Best of luck.

i get nervous about that too, resetting. but if it worked for you, I'll try it! thank you!