my controller won’t turn on

sarauwu3
Honored Guest

my controller won’t turn on even after changing the batteries 

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Sara! We see you are having issues with your controller not turning on, we suggest unpairing them with the mobile app

1. Open the Oculus mobile app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices from the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the Oculus Quest 2 or Quest headset you currently have paired.
  4. Tap Controllers, then tap the controller that you want to unpair.
  5. Tap Unpair Controller.

Then once unpaired, replace the batteries and attempt to repair the controllers to the mobile app. If these issues persist these troubleshooting steps please submit a support ticket here or send us a PM by clicking here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope this helped! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

there is no devices menu on the bottom menu

i did these steps and still my controller wont turn on when i replace batteries

look the controller lights won't even turn on how am I supposed to connect the controller if it won't receive power from the battery, from my understanding you guys have had this problem with numerous different people, I saw a post with nearly 60 other people having the same issue with the left controller, my girlfriend got me the oculus as a birthday gift and barely got to use the thing, I expect someone from your customer service to get in touch so we can talk about getting me a replacement.

my right controllers light won't even turn on Ive done what you've said and replaced the battery several times 

Hey there, @8gf! Those controller issues are quite discouraging so we'd love to look a bit further into that. 

In order to best do so, we'll need to gather some sensitive information. Please feel free to create a Support ticket where we can take a look at some possible warranty options available. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did this exact thing but when I click on devices it says I don’t have any, even though this account should be connected to my vr.  It doesn’t even let me add a new account, which also makes it not connect to my controller.  I’ve tried pairing and it says the account is already on there, but when I check it is not.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @danilo.941320. We know how important it is to have your controller in working order. The user @smartglasseshub.com has shared some great tips. Thank you for that! Please keep us updated on your progress. If you are still having issues after trying these tips, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again, and we can take a further look for you! Thank you for your time and patience, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Hi again, @danilo.941320. We just wanted to follow up with you to see if you had gotten a chance to take a look at our last message regarding your controller issue. We hope to hear from you soon!