cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller disconnects when I move fast.

NateTheWolf
Honored Guest

My left controller always disconnects if i move it too fast. it makes it hard to play games like gorilla tag or creed rise to glory. no matter how many time i change the batterys the problem keeps happening. any ways to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, NateTheWolf! We understand you're having some issues with your left controller disconnecting. Try cleaning your sensors with a non abrasive cloth and see if that helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, NateTheWolf! We understand you're having some issues with your left controller disconnecting. Try cleaning your sensors with a non abrasive cloth and see if that helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ines.a.juan
Honored Guest

We have the same problem. Our left controller connects and disconnects. It’s frustrating! Help please! 

Hey there! We know how confusing it can be when these issues occur and we want to be able to help. We would like to recommend you try to unpair and repair your controllers to your device, as well as taking the batteries out for 30 minutes and then reinserting them. If does not help, please feel free to submit a ticket with our support team so we can look into this for you. You can visit our support site using the following link. https://metaque.st/Support 

Kaiman420
Honored Guest

I traded three headsets for the same reason. I recently read a solution, it did it to me again but the solution worked. My left controller stopped connecting completely. I grab a pair of tweasers and inserted them into the same slot that you pulled the plastic from when you originally bought it. Apparently where the tabs once where something shifts and the battery can't power the controller. Signs that it's about to happen are when u notice that the controller vibrates just because you are moving it. This helped me, I hope it can help you and anyone reading this. 

sjschlueter
Explorer

Wow, answers from support are extremely unlikely to help.  Cleaning your sensors?  really?  Good luck with that.

Try a different set of batteries-- for size, not for charge.  Use a different brand of battery.  If your connection issues are due to batteries losing physical contact, batteries that fit a bit tighter (just due to slightly different size) may help.

RoTheCzar
Explorer

@NateTheWolf  I'm having the same problem. I also see a solution was accepted. Did the problem get fixed?

My left control  won't even  connect anymore  is there away  to  refurbish my left hand control 

Hey there. We know what it is like to be really into a game, only to deal with the controllers not connecting anymore. Let's look into this, and see what we can do to get you back into gaming!

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? When did you notice this not working?

Can you please try the following:

• Please make sure that both devices are cleaned with an antibacterial wipes and a microfiber cloth.
  • Take out the batteries in the controllers for 5 minutes.
  • Put brand new batteries in (it should update firmware with the controller)
  • Does the controller light up?
  • Try to un-pair and re-pair the controllers to see if they work?
  •  

If none of these work please reach out to Support HERE and we can further assist you. 

it didntt