cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus link not working

CodeDat
Explorer
I got the oculus link and I setup all the stuff and it says in notifications Something went wrong and Oculus link stopped working. can someone help me? Do i need a vr ready pc?
18 REPLIES 18

CodeDat
Explorer
ooh can you send a link for one thats cheap and works?

viktor_cesky_18
Explorer
PLS help mine link on Q2 not working . i do all like u need to do test cable speed is okez shouwing me is connected all good .When i will put headseat on and click on oculus link is load can hear sound and go off and again again agnai and after saz someting go wron app noit working need help 

pcdrivers
Explorer
Need hand controllers enabled to run.
Try to buy new link cable or compatible cable. On aliexpress have Compatible Link with 5meters

sammy281
Explorer
hello if you updated to version 23 and the Oculus Link does not work for you. It is because as modified the OculusDebugTool tries to leave it as it came
distortion curvature default
encode resolution width 0
encode bitrate 280
youtube.com/watch?v=ipVVzWkDCNY

viktor_cesky_18
Explorer
still not work for me

viktor_cesky_18
Explorer
i did beta version too and still not working dont know more i watch all this youtube is look so simple but its not 

Kresh0
Honored Guest
I rolled back my AMD Radeon Graphics drivers to a prior version (dated 09/9/20). Fixed my issues entirely. I let Oculus Support know of my findings and hopefully will find a way to resolve the issue on their end or AMDs. It seems like a power plan issue with the latest drivers.
Note: I used the factory reset option when installing the drivers. 
Hope this solves things for some of you.

McPriggin
Honored Guest
Same thing Kresh0 mentioned. Thanks for the tip. I rolled back my driver on an AMD Radeon RX Vega to version 27.20.12033.2007 . This resolved my problem with the Oculus link not connecting. 

SpitFirePT
Explorer
In my case with Nvidia drivers I was able to get it working after using DDU to completly remove all the graphics drivers and reinstalling the latest version of the drivers.
But if you want to be carefull and perform the same steps I did then:
(All I'm doing is COMPLETLY removing the Oculus App, the GPU drivers and Quest drivers. To avoid people getting upset because they deleted something that they shouldn't, PERFORM THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK and if you know what you are doing)
  1. With the Quest connected to the PC go to device manager and remove all the drivers that say Oculus (Audio, Oculus Device and in my case I also had in USB: Composite ADB interface and Composite XRSP Interface without the Oculus name (probably an issue with the drivers)).
  2. Uninstall Oculus (the App has a bunch of subfolders that I deleted to be sure)
  3. Restart computer
  4. Go to %ProgramFiles% and make sure that there isnt a folder there for Oculus
  5. Go to %LocalAppData% and delete everything from Oculus
  6. Go to %AppData% and delete everything from Oculus
  7. Go to %ProgramData% and delete everything from Oculus (you can only remove this one if you did a restart after uninstalling the Oculus App)
  8. Download the latest version of your GPU driver. DON'T INSTALL IT YET.
  9. Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). It should restart your PC.
  10.  Install the latest driver for the GPU.
  11. Restart your PC
  12. Install the Oculus App (It should now work, but to be safe dont connect the Quest yet).
  13. Without connecting your Quest, restart the PC.
After this I was able to connect my Quest correctly and use Link with everything on, including Geforce Experience and Shadow Play.