cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openxr runtime switch

shredhed64
Explorer

Hi,

Saw this switch under the beta tab using the PC app. It forces SteamVR to use the Oculus runtime instead of Steam i guess.  Anyway i switched it, but you can't set it back. The switch disabled itself after i set it.

Is there anyway to set it back to Steam instead of Oculus ? or at least enable the switch ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, I've been wondering about this as well and because I don't see any good explanations as to why I should use this I've kinda avoided it for now.  The beta panel option says that SteamVR is my current openxr and I have not found anything that does not work with my Q2 using anything from the Steam store (Link or Air Link).  Have you found any problems after making Oculus openxr active?  Thanks.

Maybe contact Oculus Support and let them know and ask them for an explanation.  Just a guess on my part but maybe you need to go into your SteamVR settings to change it back.  Also, maybe beta/reset and/or Repair with your Oculus desktop app.  Who knows?  Always a mystery since Oculus pc app updates do not include any 'what's new' details, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

shredhed64
Explorer

Thanks for responding...  I did manage to get the switch reset, you have to use SteamVR to set the OpenXR runtime back.

YoLolo69
Trustee

I wake up this topic : After few weeks without using it I launched Oculus software and it said weirdly I wasn't using the Oculus OpenXR implementation. According the Beta tab I was using "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MixedRealityRuntime.json" (I don't own any WMR headset, only Rift CV1). I changed it long ago to Oculus OpenXR to be able to use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in VR. So I immediately launched regedit.exe to check this and weirdly I still pointing to Oculus OpenXR as seen below:

Capture d’écran (346).png

I checked to let the Oculus software change it anyway, and nothing changed in Regedit, but now the Oculus Software seems happy.

That's weird, it mean they're is another address in the registry which manage which OpenXR I'm using?

I'm lost... MSFS2020 worked fine in VR few weeks ago, so what happened here?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1