cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

option for air link not showing up

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all,

I got v28 of the desktop app a few days ago and the v28 for the headset just installed early tonight. However, I can not find any option to enable air link. I've gone into settings - beta on the desktop app and there's nothing there. And I've gone into the experimental settings on the headset and there's nothing there either. I do have the option though to enable the 120 refresh rate. So v28 did indeed get installed.

I tried resetting experimental features twice but it didn't help.

Is everyone supposed to get the option to turn on airlink as soon as you get the v28 update? If so, any ideas why I'm not getting it?

47 REPLIES 47

emkays
Honored Guest

Good to see it wasn't just me 😉 Hopefully we get some info about how this rolls out if it doesn't appear soon.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Annoyingly, Oculus Link is broken for me right now. My PC got updated to V28, but my Quest 2 is still on V27.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

kojack
MVP
MVP

From Boz: https://twitter.com/boztank/status/1385654671008620544

"Looks like the excitement over Air Link can’t be contained, so we’re officially making it available today for everyone who has both Quest and PC v28. If you don’t have v28 yet, stay tuned, it’s coming very soon!"

I just checked, got it now. You have to restart the desktop software and reset the quest experimental features for the options to show up.

So, after a quick try... utterly unusable. It looks nice, but I'm getting 3 second lag on the video, which includes timewarp, (so it's trying to timewarp 3 seconds behind by head movements). No problems with Virtual Desktop on the same system.

That's not even in a game, just Dash in the bare empty world.

Hopefully this is just because they rushed it out.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Trucabulles
Protege

Did everything you wrote but nothing for me. no airlink...

lensmandave
Superstar

Just got AirLink on the Headset...still waiting for the desktop app to come good. I assume you have to opt in to public test channel?

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Trucabulles
Protege

Ok finally able to test Airlink

A few advices so far :

It was very laggy on my 5ghz hotpsot so I lowered the encoding bitrate to 125 in oculus debug tool. It's far better. Also I lowered my res to 1x since I used to be at 1.3x. Tried at 72 fps so far. I'll give it another try at 90 fps and keep fine tweaking it. But it's already usable for me to test my contents in development without being annoyed by a 5 m cable when sitting at my desk...

No, just restart in the setting / beta menu (had to restart at least 5 times)

Trucabulles
Protege

Half life Halyx won't load. Related to Steam VR / Halyx not detecting the HMD. It works in cable mode. Other Steam apps work fine though...

Anonymous
Not applicable

it just showed up for me as well. I'm not home right now so I had to test it using my laptop which is on wifi (5ghz). I did a quick test with minecraft and it worked well. No issues with that. The only thing that wasn't working was being able to see my desktop. That just gave me a blank window in VR. I'll try it again later when i get home since my PC is higher end and connected via ethernet.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Turns out I had an encode override in the debug tool I'd forgotten about. I cleared that to zero, and it's running fine now.

I just loaded Half Life Alyx, it's fine over air link. I only just woke up so my eyes are still adjusting to being open, but everything looked good.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2