cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

option for air link not showing up

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all,

I got v28 of the desktop app a few days ago and the v28 for the headset just installed early tonight. However, I can not find any option to enable air link. I've gone into settings - beta on the desktop app and there's nothing there. And I've gone into the experimental settings on the headset and there's nothing there either. I do have the option though to enable the 120 refresh rate. So v28 did indeed get installed.

I tried resetting experimental features twice but it didn't help.

Is everyone supposed to get the option to turn on airlink as soon as you get the v28 update? If so, any ideas why I'm not getting it?

47 REPLIES 47

kojack
MVP
MVP

Same here. Got v28 on PC and Quest 2, no airlink option but the others are there.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

The.J7
Protege
  • Oculus Air Link allows you to discover and pair your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your Oculus-ready PC over a secure Wi-Fi network.
  • You can opt in to this experimental feature from the Experimental Features section of Settings. Follow the instructions on our support site to set up Oculus Air Link.
  • Note: Air Link is part of v28 but it requires that both your headset and PC be running v28 software. That means we’ll be unlocking Air Link once both Quest and PC v28 releases are rolled out, which will happen soon - but you won’t see Air Link just yet, so stay tuned.

Same issue here but i guess that we will need the none beta version of v28 desktop for it to show up.

Amazing74
Protege

Same here. Oculus-App-Version 28.0.0.222.469 and v28 on Quest 2. Air Link entry is not showing up. Switched the app from public test to no public test - has changed nothing. Can somebody confirm, it is live at all? Didn´t find a single guide on YT...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing airlink isn't automatically included with v28 then. Guess we have to wait for oculus to flip a switch. Hopefully they flip it for everyone and don't roll that out piecemeal as well.

kojack
MVP
MVP

My PC updated to v28 (non PTC) a few hours ago, so getting closer.

From the Oculus blog post, it sounds like they are going to enable Airlink once the rolling release of v28 is finished.

Whether they do that as a rolling release too, who knows. The point of the rolling releases is to give the software to a limited group and see if anything goes wrong. Then give out to more and see again. But with Airlink not part of that, if it turns out to have a flaw there's going to be far more people complaining at once.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Atleast you are lucky your device has 120 Hz option.

Mine has nothing new, its all old V27 stuff. No 120Hz or airlink or desk option in experimental features😡

amdportland
Explorer

Well no one knows why they hyped the airlink up, and that v28 coming out, then one of the biggest features, tell everyone its not going to be included, only the dev really know

Not that 120Hz option is much use yet. It only works with games that explicitly include support for it.

Right now, the only games that work with 120Hz mode are Cubism, Eleven Table Tennis and Racket Fury.

dcole001
Protege

Verified V28 on Headset and PC and yes it is not active yet. Even with Beta Open.. 120 HZ is OK I have Eleven Table Tennis and don't see much Difference in 90 HZ and yes activated it in Game as well as Headset.. 72 Hz to 90 HZ felt bigger as far as change.