cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest 2 casting is a joke

SirHeadpats
Explorer

how hard is it for a multibillion dollar company to make stuff work and be stable? i've seen indie devs do a better job and modders, there is always something broken or so low quality i would rather use a google carboard than an oculus at this rate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @SirHeadpats, if you've already tried those steps and they did not work, Ryan also suggested you can try:

• Casting with another phone
  • Casting from another app (Netflix, Spotify, YouTube)
  • Ensuring all 3 devices are on the exact same network. (ex. If the router has a 5GHZ and 2GHZ channel, all the devices must be on the same channel)

If you are having issues with Chrome casting, there is a chance the issue is not Oculus Device related, and it may be helpful to contact Google support about the issue as well. You can do so here.

If you are still having issues and believe it is device related, we recommend you send us a private message here on the forums, or to submit a support ticket on our website here https://ocul.us/ContactSupport. If you do prefer PMs, Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

The-Burrito
Protege

Ah, yes, and now we have the rando complaining vaguely instead of actually saying what's wrong.

You're always invited to do better, of course, though all of us here are pretty certain you can't.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Casting always worked fine for me. Others seem to get along well with it too. You might want to describe your exact problem.

wow bro lemme find who the hell asked the child on the internet and i will get back to you

as of recently web browser casting has been spotty, choosing when it wants to work, sometimes it gives an error and shuts itself off randomly and sometimes its got no issues, dev hub casting seems to randomly freeze, looking more into some people are starting to have the same issue slowly, just like the most recent auto sleep bug from a few months ago that oculus kept denying existed, mind you i never had an issue till a few days ago, wifi is good, connection is good, no excess programs are running that may cause crashing to occur (sometimes potato pcs have that problem) all and all its just neglection on oculus's part, though i would've recommend to ignore the general rant post i made rather than looking into it, or being like on the children on here and seeing it as a quick way to be another reason why people hate kids on oculus, though i appreciate asking for more details.

to further add to this i have given you the respect you deserve for being civil, as my wording at the end seems ass backwards (and probably is) i appreciate it when someone generally asks for details

The-Burrito
Protege

It is incredibly ironic and utterly lacking in self-awareness for someone to go swearing like there's a limited amount in stock or there's no tomorrow and calling the people who respond in a far more reasonable and polite manner "kids". If people on the forums are kids, by this logic you are, as well.

Dude. If you're going to be an actual brat about literally everything if it doesn't work the way you want it to, just shut up.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're looking for help, this can be a great place to come, but it helps not to start off with general rage. There's no need for name calling, insults, or fighting here. Let's all remember to stay friendly and welcoming. If this continues, we will need to take moderation steps which I'd prefer not to have to.

That said, @SirHeadpats, if you ever suspect that you're seeing a bug or an issue that's not unique to your home setup, please do flag it in headset or in app with the development team. You can do so by following the steps here: https://ocul.us/reportabug. The team is constantly trying to improve features and software, and they use those bug reports to find issues all the time. Just please note that those reports don't go to the support team for troubleshooting, but the data is sent to development to investigate. They don't usually contact people directly, so it's good to also contact support to have your setup checked out in case it is something that isn't a bug.

While it may not seem the case, it's always a good idea to start with checking out your local environment like checking that your devices are on the same network, you don't have a lot of wireless interference from devices or neighbors, and maybe even reboot the wireless router if it's been a while. I know those are basic things you may have tried already and you have said there's nothing wrong with the wireless. But sometimes changes happen that you aren't aware of, neighbors install new devices all the time and you might not know that something has changed. Casting has a lot of variables that all need to work right for a quality stream, so it's good to make sure you've checked all the basics.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Hey there, @SirHeadpats, if you've already tried those steps and they did not work, Ryan also suggested you can try:

• Casting with another phone
  • Casting from another app (Netflix, Spotify, YouTube)
  • Ensuring all 3 devices are on the exact same network. (ex. If the router has a 5GHZ and 2GHZ channel, all the devices must be on the same channel)

If you are having issues with Chrome casting, there is a chance the issue is not Oculus Device related, and it may be helpful to contact Google support about the issue as well. You can do so here.

If you are still having issues and believe it is device related, we recommend you send us a private message here on the forums, or to submit a support ticket on our website here https://ocul.us/ContactSupport. If you do prefer PMs, Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

markaxxx
Honored Guest

they make billions selling the  new thing., thats why they bricked my rift s at  the same time as many other people

micro soft edge did an update not ask for  just before the brickening

i dont use microsoft edge

you know i saw this a couple days ago and i got to thinking, i tested the casting, it works.... when not using it to stream to anything but facebook, i tested it at different hours, different settings, ect, ect and it only works when streaming to facebook, now i cant confirm if other people noticed or tried this, but its a little weird how its a facebook owned company and how streaming to anything but facebook with the cast option auto closes the cast

further to add to this, i know its not my wifi, its not my pc, its not the people next door because i didnt have this problem till i started streaming to twitch more often, so its something internally in oculus coding most likely if anything so if i get banned, the post gets deleted or anything of the sort assume i hit it so hard on the nose oculus tried to hide it