cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quest 2 wont connect to oculus pc app but connect to pc

Foilz
Level 3

hello, ive never had an issue connecting my quest 2 to my pc using the link  cable or any usb cable but now the oculus pc app wont detect my quest 2 . My PC detects it and i can access the storage of the quest and side quest detects the quest. i uninstalled the pc app but that didnt help.

3 REPLIES 3

PITTCANNA
Level 12

Do you have the air link option active in the headset?

If yes the physical link won't work.

No, it's unchecked. I use virtual desktop but if I do check it the quest will connect using air link  but not with the USB 

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there Foilz, thanks for reaching out. We see you are having issues with Oculus Link on your Quest 2. We also see that you are able to connect to your PC but the Oculus App does not register your Quest 2 as connected. 

We have a number of potential troubleshooting steps that can help fix this issue, and we want you to get back and gaming again as soon as possible!

First, we would like you to try repairing your Oculus app, this is different then just uninstalling and reinstalling and can help you fix the issue. 

To repair the Oculus PC app:

Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus software.

1. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.

• If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.

• If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.

• Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.

2. Allow the repair process to run, download and install..

3. Launch the Oculus app.

If this doesn't work, we would like you to ensure that your GPU, Windows, and USB drivers are updated to their latest updates. If an update is required on any of the drivers, please install it and after restart your computer. 

This video here details how to update your drivers if you do not know how. 

Please let us know if these solutions work for you, if not, we will need to try more advanced troubleshooting steps.