cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, we couldn't add your payment method."

RubyHarmony
Honored Guest

I remember submitting a support ticket about this maybe almost 2 years ago now? I never got a response on it and the problem still persists so I'm going for one last attempt. Simply like the subject suggests, each time I try to add a payment method it disallows it. I had abandoned my Quest for so long because I couldn't buy anything on it, other than Beat Saber, since that was the first game that I purchased before the problem arose. If I can't get help I'm going to have a Beat Saber machine sitting around my house. I mean all I'm trying to buy right now is the BTS pack for Beat Saber so it's not even asking for much. Just a quick solution would be nice, because I've seen so many othoer people with this problem waiting for months on the edge of their seat just to be ignored. I mean I figure the company wants me to use my money to buy their games so I'm confused and concerned at the lack of support. Please send a response and possibly a resolution as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance,

Evan Page

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

" I've seen so many othoer people with this problem waiting for months on the edge " 

I have seen this also and not one of them seems to have thought of contacting their bank to ask why its being declined as a Payment Method ... Maybe get it sorted that way the same day  ??

Yeah, I'm going to disprove your theory right now- I did contact my bank and I got confirmation that it's not on their end. I've never experienced an issue with ANY website when it comes to payment options before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to disprove just trying to help.

Its a bit unusual though for the bank not to investigate further for you and just say Its ok our end ..

Seems a bit rubbish. Not sure i would be happy with their response but Hey Ho thats just me 🙂

TeenT420
Expert Protege

The problem is still going on it is doing the same with me and I just got mine yesterday I’m only able to download free games and demos. Has anything changed for you since this post. 

TeenT420
Expert Protege

It’s not our banks or PayPal something is going on with the oculus website and app because I too spent an hour on my phone with my bank and they saw no problems I even had to go to Amazon just to purchase my quest because I couldn’t get it from the actually quest store 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Ruby, so sorry to hear that you are still experiencing trouble with updating your method of payment. We're here to help! To better assist you, may you please confirm your previous ticket number?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

When everyone’s having the same problem with oculus I’m pretty sure our banks arnt the issue meta needs to get there crap together and solve this issue because I’m still having it 

I have also been having this issue for several months. I’d really like to give meta some money but they won’t let me add my card to the quest even though my card is already linked to my Facebook account. Perhaps this is why your last quarter was so terrible?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?