cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rtmp/hls 360 Player? for Oculus Quest (or any other way) "How to"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon,

We have an Insta360 Pro 2 360 camera. The camera allows to stream in real time by rtmp/rtsp/hls, and we need to know the way to reproduce this real time video on Oculus Quest VR glasses in 360º (or if there is any other way). Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Javier Santaella
3 REPLIES 3

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Hi,

I'm not sure if you can stream that directly to the Quest, but with Skybox VR (a free app on the Oculus store) you can stream video from a PC.

I can't recommend Skybox enough. It's a fantastic media player, but I don't think it will stream live from the camera.

PS: I had a thought... you could stream the camera directly to YouTube, then watch the stream on the Quest with the YouTube app. That should work, but there would be a delay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm not sure if you can stream that directly to the Quest, but with Skybox VR (a free app on the Oculus store) you can stream video from a PC.

I can't recommend Skybox enough. It's a fantastic media player, but I don't think it will stream live from the camera.

PS: I had a thought... you could stream the camera directly to YouTube, then watch the stream on the Quest with the YouTube app. That should work, but there would be a delay.

Thanks for your answer.

1. I guess that this solution is only for mirror an offline video playing on the PC, it does not allow to mirror live camera for example.

2. Yea.. I've contempled this way but I would rather to do it without any platform like youtube, wowza, facebook, etc.. if its possible. I don't want to depend of a server I can't control and I nee to avoid this delay.

PsiOntic
Explorer
Any luck? When Samsung killed their VR support I was hoping we can stream the Gear 360 camera since the function exists already.