cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using oculous rift 2 on ubuntu

brian.hurren.75
Level 3

Does an oculous rift 2 work using WINE on a linux using Ubuntu? I am thinking of buying a rift 2 but I want it to work with ubuntu and/or a raspberrypi and/or apple, this way I can use it in a home network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Given the number of posts here from Windows users having trouble running the Rift S, I suspect trying to run it in any sort of emulated environment (like Wine) would be an exercise in frustration. A Raspberry Pi will not have anything like the processing power to run any Rift software, particularly if you were to try adding the extra complexity of Wine. Does the Pi support Wine?

Oculus products do not, as far as I'm aware, support Apple systems. I think the HTC Vive Pro does support Macs so maybe that would be a better way to go for VR.

If you are a die-hard Windows hater, Oculus VR is probably not going to work for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Given the number of posts here from Windows users having trouble running the Rift S, I suspect trying to run it in any sort of emulated environment (like Wine) would be an exercise in frustration. A Raspberry Pi will not have anything like the processing power to run any Rift software, particularly if you were to try adding the extra complexity of Wine. Does the Pi support Wine?

Oculus products do not, as far as I'm aware, support Apple systems. I think the HTC Vive Pro does support Macs so maybe that would be a better way to go for VR.

If you are a die-hard Windows hater, Oculus VR is probably not going to work for you.

View solution in original post