cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v37 Will not update

SlipperyToad
Honored Guest

So I have been trying to update my oculus to v37 for the past 24 hours and it just won’t update it says that it is but after a few minutes if I go off of the page in settings where it says that it is updating and then go back it will says “search for update” or something like that and even though I restart the update and soft restart my head set it, and even though I follow what my head set tells me to to update it, it still won’t work. Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey again @SlipperyToad. Since your Meta Quest 2 is now stuck while trying to run the initial updates, the best action plan is as follows:

1. First, make sure you plug your Meta Quest 2 in with the charger that came in the box.
  2. Next, wait until your headset is fully charged.
  3. Your updates should resume automatically while your headset is plugged in, on, and charging.
  4. If the updates don't resume within 1 hour, please reboot your headset.

If you're still not able to complete those updates, it's probably best you head back into Direct Messaging right here or to the always capable and caring hands of Your Meta Quest Support Team!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SlipperyToad
Honored Guest

I meant v38 not v37 sorry

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SlipperyToad. We advise Hard-Rebooting the headset and logging in and out of the mobile app. Then try updating to Version 42. If the issue remains, place a Bug Report and our developers will work on a solution. Your Meta Quest Support Team is also always available to help you get updated and back in the virtual pond!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So I did what you said and hard reset it but now my oculus isn’t downloading the necessary up dates to complete the set up part after the hard reset 

I did what you emailed me to do which to do a factory reset but now my oculus won’t even complete the updates needed to complete the set up part after the factory reset

Hey again @SlipperyToad. Since your Meta Quest 2 is now stuck while trying to run the initial updates, the best action plan is as follows:

1. First, make sure you plug your Meta Quest 2 in with the charger that came in the box.
  2. Next, wait until your headset is fully charged.
  3. Your updates should resume automatically while your headset is plugged in, on, and charging.
  4. If the updates don't resume within 1 hour, please reboot your headset.

If you're still not able to complete those updates, it's probably best you head back into Direct Messaging right here or to the always capable and caring hands of Your Meta Quest Support Team!