cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vr won't connect to my laptop

Roosschol
Level 2

Hello,

Last week I bought a Oculus Quest 2 but unfortunately I have had some problems in trying to link it to my laptop (Asus ROG Strix G15 G513QM-HF070T). I tried connecting the Quest 2 using airlink but it didn't work so I bought an Oculus cable. After connecting the Quest 2 to my laptop, it was charging for quite a while but it didn't solve te problem. In the Oculus app it said my Quest 2 is connected. Then I booted my Quest 2 up and clicked "connect to oculus link" and after loading for a while, I got a black screen. I tried reinstalling and I have searched the internet for a solution but to no avail. Can you help me to get it working?

Kind regards,

Roos Scholtens

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hiya Roosschol! Air Link and Link cables can be a bit tricky, especially on laptops. I recommend checking out this article that has a ton of information on both Link cables and Air Link including compatibility requirements, correct setup, best practices, and known issues!

Additionally, I'd recommend trying to repair your Oculus PC app by doing the following:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.

• If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.

• If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.

• Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.

3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

If after reviewing the article and trying to repair your Oculus app, please go ahead and shoot us a DM so we can try some more in-depth troubleshooting!

Please click here (https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport) or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us.

Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.