cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build & Run Deploys Wont Start IN Quest

preston_mccaule
Protege
Hi,
I'm kinda not sure what else to look at here. I used a sample from the Oculus kit the VR hoops. Everything is setup installed in unity. I go running and build the project out to the device and it never starts up on the quest. Is there some piece I might be missing preventing it from actually running on the device? I have no errors inside of unity and build and deploy both say success.. 
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey! So you unfortunately can't do "Build and Run" with the Quest. You have to "sideload" the app.

There is this method;
https://uploadvr.com/how-to-sideload-apps-oculus-go/.
That is the clean cut supported method.

If you want to streamline the process some more then go ahead and follow this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HspVa4i9rPg
This is the unofficial method but is revered in reputation on Reddit. I use it myself and have no issues.

Geist2501
Explorer
Nah "Build and Run" works on the Quest. I can build and run just fine man 😉
But at first it did not work... i think it worked after i created the android manifest. In the Oculus menu.

Not sure though if that was what did the trick. Have you created the Manifest and Setup the platform options all proper?

dr3d
Explorer
no help here

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're using the Oculus Integration there's an "OVR Build and Run" option in the Oculus menu. It correctly launches the app on Quest. The standard build and run in the file menu doesn't do this.

Corysia
Expert Protege

DarkTable said:

If you're using the Oculus Integration there's an "OVR Build and Run" option in the Oculus menu. It correctly launches the app on Quest. The standard build and run in the file menu doesn't do this.

I don't believe this is correct.  I've always used "File -> Build and Run" or used "File -> Build Settings..." and used "Build and Run" in there.  I don't have a "OVR Build and Run" under my Oculus menu, so I'm wondering what you're looking at.

With 1.40, you do not need to first create an Oculus AndroidManifest, the default one Unity builds is just fine.

I'm not even sure why this thread has been necro'ed.  A lot has changed since June.