cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't record? Only one hand works? Rebuild your Manifest

chilton
Protege
If you're having problems since the last update, it's probably the manifest. 
In Unity, go to the Oculus menu, then Tools, then Remove Android Manifest.xml
And then, also in the Tools menu, Create Store-Compatible AndroidManifest.xml

That has fixed those issues for me, and apparently fixes a few other things as well. 

Good Hunting,
-Chilton
6 REPLIES 6

Jimty
Honored Guest
Thanks so much for this. Saved me a lot of trouble!

Anonymous
Not applicable
That fix, solved the controller issue, but I still can't record.

Did it actually fix the record issues for you?

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer
Does not really seem to fix controller issues... I have seen this posted as a solution several places, but I also keep seeing replies about how it did not work for some people, but also some people that it did work for.

For me, I cannot use both controllers at the same time. So every time you get to control one hand, the other wont move. Very annoying.

Here are some solutions:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43293173/use-custom-manifest-file-and-permission-in-unity

That is the method... but what you want to add to the manifest file is this line:
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1"/>

With this added, it should work. Otherwise... I suspect it considers it an Oculus Go app or something.
Another interesting read:
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1"/>

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer
Actually I like this solution best. Saves you from having to build your project.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/quest/latest/concepts/mobile-native-manifest/

Find the AndroidManifest.xml file in the Plugins/Android folder. Then update the last 2 lines with this:

[code=CSharp]    </application>
  <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1" />
  <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030001" />
</manifest>

That is insert the two lines:

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:required="true" android:version="1" />
  <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030001" />

between the application and manifest lines. Then you do not need the full manifest generated, which will properly work better in the long run.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cain_Bloodbane
You just saved my project. Thank you so much for posting this I thought I would never get this fixed

vicenteraposo
Explorer

AlexLegg said:

That fix, solved the controller issue, but I still can't record.

Did it actually fix the record issues for you?

I'm having the same issue, did you find a solution?