cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty in getting controller inputs using OVRInput.

H2o_er
Level 2
Hi, 
I'm trying to program an experiment in Oculus Quest, but I'm unable to get the controller inputs with OVRInput. 
This is my first time developing in Oculus Quest and I don't have a lot of experience with Unity, so pardon my long post.  

I'm using Unity 2018.4.26f1 and I imported the latest oculus integration in the asset store.

And here's what I did:

1. Added OVRCameraRig to the Hierarchy. The only other item in the Hierarchy is my Text GameObject (called 'Instructions').
2. I wrote a test script (included below) to test OVRInput, and I was hoping that the GameObject would disappear when I press a button or pull a trigger on one of the controllers.

8rklftc7fx4e.png

3. The Text GameObject is defined in the Inspector public field and these are my OVRmanager settings:

emf629osf7u8.png

4. I followed the Build settings in the oculus documentation e.g., switch platform to Android, set texture compression as ASTC, and I chose Oculus Quest for the 'Run device' option. 
5. In player settings, under XR settings, VR supported was chosen and I selected V2 signing (Quest) under the Oculus SDK.
6. Also in player settings/other settings, API level 25 ('Nougat') was chosen.
7. Then I hit 'Build and run' and I do see my GameObject in the headset. 
8. I tried various OVRinput commands, made sure I included OVRUpdate, added extra lines recommended in Unity forums, e.g., OVRTouchSample (lines 4). 

But I can't seem to get the Text GameObject disappear when any button is pressed or when the trigger is pulled.
I feel like I'm missing something basic (maybe?), would be great if someone could enlighten me. I've ran out of ideas.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0