cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Hand Tracking] FingerTipPokeTool Index does not follow my index

Fangh
Explorer
Hello everyone.
I created a simple scene with some hand tracking and added a "Interactable Tool Creator".
It creates some finger tip poke so I can interact with buttons but the tip does not follow my index finger tips.
Here is a video recorded on the Oculus Quest and a screenshot of my project scene.

Video : https://imgur.com/a/snM3ms6

tvam6fjkjx67.png

ovc1faeth7uc.png

12 REPLIES 12

Fangh
Explorer
On solution seems to go to Edit>Project Setting>Time  and change Fixed Timestep to 0.005 and Maximum Allowed Timestep  to 0.05.

as described here : https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/86423/hand-physics-capsules-not-following-the-finge...

But this seems dangerous. Also why when Fixed Timestep is to 0.05 it does not work AT ALL (I mean, not 10x slower as we could expected) ?

Jazzy53
Explorer
I seen your project video and screenshot. Its looking great.

Andrew55c
Honored Guest
Have you found a fix for this? Having the same issue 😕

insominx
Honored Guest
I'm still getting this.  In FingerTipPokeTool.cs I see the following suspicious comment:
// NOTE: use time settings 0.0111111/0.02 to make collisions work correctly!

raytsang1120
Explorer
I fixed this issue by adding 2 lines here:

OVRSkeleton.cs
private void FixedUpdate()
if (capsuleGO.activeSelf)
{
capsuleGO.SetActive(false);                  //Added by Raymond Tsang
capsuleGO.SetActive(true);                  //Added by Raymond Tsang
capsule.CapsuleRigidbody.MovePosition(bone.position);
capsule.CapsuleRigidbody.MoveRotation(bone.rotation);
}

xml1324
Honored Guest

I fixed this issue by adding 2 lines here:

OVRSkeleton.cs
private void FixedUpdate()
if (capsuleGO.activeSelf)
{
capsuleGO.SetActive(false);                  //Added by Raymond Tsang
capsuleGO.SetActive(true);                  //Added by Raymond Tsang
capsule.CapsuleRigidbody.MovePosition(bone.position);
capsule.CapsuleRigidbody.MoveRotation(bone.rotation);
}

This worked perfectly for me! Thank you so much!!

Apparently, if you edit oculus integtations code, hands will stop rendering on build, but will work with quest link. And even if you get the script back to a previous state or delete the whole Oculus folder and reimport new plugin again - it still won't render. The only solution I found is to make a new project and reimport all the assets. So I would not edit their scripts. I wasted 3 days looking for a solution. Thanks facebook dev team for ever mentioning that hand tracking will loose access if someone tries to fix your code

Update: ok, very cool. My life is a joke. The cause was different. Hand tracking won't load if you disable unity splash screen :)))) Why did I choose this career path. I will file a bug report if there's any energy left in me to spend on this

I confirm that, as of Jan 2022, this problem still happens and the provided solution still works! Thanks a lot!