cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the Oculus Quest from another device (android smarphone APK controlling quest)

gauthierr
Honored Guest

Hello,

I would like to launch an Unity scene inside the Oculus Quest by using an application on another device (smartphone).

More precisely, I would like to developed an android app with a UI with different levels. When you press them, I want the scene to be loaded on the Quest. This app will also cast what the player sees and allow the user to pause the game and control volume.

Do you have any idea of how to do it? It seems difficult to do it from the Oculus software since we can't bypass it.
This field really is under my competences but if you know in what kind of development I should go and the kind of engineer I need please let me know.
The subject isn't yet on the internet and I have no idea where to start. If you want to participate to this debate, It would be perfect.

1 REPLY 1

tegumentoso
Honored Guest

I think you would need to compile 2 different version of your app, one for android and one for the quest, and communication with them would be through an external server, you can use Photon network maybe?