cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVR seems to think my Quest is a Go since today. I don't understand why, or how to fix/revert this.

Cea
Explorer
Game Engine: Unity 2019.1.2f1
Oculus Utilities v1.36.0
OVRPlugin v1.36.0
SDK v1.1.22.00

I've been working on a Quest experience for a while now, and when I arrived at the office this morning to test a new (completely unrelated) feature, my dev build loaded with only a single controller using the Oculus Go controller model, which I found weird. I added a debug.log statement and asked it what product the device was (using OVRPlugin.productName), and it prints "Oculus Go". I have full positional tracking, and if I press a button on the other controller, the system shifts which hand is active and deactivates the other. So, it somehow realizes it's a Quest, but it tells my system it's a Go anyways. ADB recognizes the device as a Quest, so it's something software related. I have tried restarting my Quest to see if that'll help, but it did not
12 REPLIES 12

ZahCraft
Honored Guest
We are experiencing the exact same issue with no idea on how to fix it as of now. 

Cea
Explorer
When did you first notice the issue?

ZahCraft
Honored Guest
This morning. Came to the office and all of our builds show the controllers as Oculus Go's ones. 
They were working perfectly yesterday, 

Cea
Explorer
I've reverted to an earlier build from GitHub that I know worked correctly a couple days ago, built it as a completely new project in Unity reconfigured the names and version numbers to make it a completely separate build for both my developer machine and the Quest, and it still shows up with a Go controller. I have no clue what to do about this

alexanderhall
Honored Guest
We have noticed a similar issue starting this morning: only one controller is being tracked and the other has it's model stuck on the floor (our 0,0,0 position in scene) until you press any button on it, then it switches states making the other tracked and the other stuck on the floor.

This is affecting all of our builds, newly built and those that was working before today.

Unity 2018.3.2f1
VRTK 3.3.1
Oculus Integration 1.36
Oculus Headset Runtime version 7.0.0.32.358.163419951
Oculus Headset version 7.0.0.32.358.163419639 (on Quest)
Oculus Headset version 333700.2680.0 (on connected phone)

Cea
Explorer
Exactly the same behavior here Alexander

Cea
Explorer
Quest:
Version 7.0.0.32.358.163419639
Runtime Version: 7.0.0.32.358.163419951
OS Version: user-333700.2680.0

ZahCraft
Honored Guest