cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Integration 31.0 Passthrough API does not work

korinVR
Expert Protege

Has anyone managed to enable the passthrough function?
https://developer.oculus.com/experimental/passthrough-api/

I've tried the Oculus Integration 31.0 passthrough sample scenes, but I'm getting the error "Failed to initialize Insight Passthrough. Passthrough will be unavailable." OVRManager passthrough related options are enabled. I confirm I'm using Oculus runtime v31 and OVRPlugin 1.63.0, and the experimental system property is enabled.

<uses-feature android:name="com.oculus.experimental.enabled" android:required="true" />
<uses-feature android:name="com.oculus.feature.PASSTHROUGH" android:required="true" />

>adb shell getprop debug.oculus.experimentalEnabled

It seems OVRP_1_63_0.ovrp_InitializeInsightPassthrough() fails.

53 REPLIES 53

Super cool and I was about to try ARM64 thanks, let me try it and see if it works, I appreciate your feedback

dilmergames
Explorer

I can also confirm that IL2CPP/ARM64 does the trick, I will post my GitHub project tonight for anyone to try it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Katsuomi you are da bomb!  Huge kudos - the "Script Backend" to IL2CPP and enable "ARM64" were what I was missing...

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I just built my own basic scene - without starting from one of the sample scenes, and got it to work (THANKS KARSUOMI!)... Note that the "Passthrough API" developer page that tells you how to set up the scene seems to omit that you need to add an "Overlay Passthrough" script on a objeect in your scene. Thanks for all your research, folks!

Nice to see my bug reports getting fixed

Fectar
Explorer

I Stopped trying.
Have tried Unity 2019 and 2020
Have tried IL2CPP and ARM64
Have tried Clean project
Have tried OpenGL3 and Vulkan
Have tried Enabling it on the Camera
Have tried adb shell getprop debug.oculus.experimentalEnabled

Still getting a black background and an error in logcat.

Fectar
Explorer

Final try with 2021.1 seems to have fixed it... @korinVR your tutorial worked like a charm!

IMPORTANT: And change "Script Backend" to IL2CPP and enable "ARM64" Target Architectures only

That worked Thanks!!!!!

FYI: It is working on 2020.16.3f1 as well. With Oculus plugin 1.9.1 and XR 4.0.7

dilmergames
Explorer

All,

I ended up creating a new GitHub repo with solutions from everyone here, shoutout to @korinVR for the amazing work and provided solution on target architecture and scripting backend which helped me solve this.

This GitHub Repo has been tested with 2019 LTS and 2020 > 

https://github.com/dilmerv/OculusPassthroughDemos

Also I made a YouTube video showing the process step by step:

[video]

Thanks everyone and I can't wait to keep testing MR with Oculus Quest 2 !

Dilmer

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my project, the OpenXR plugin was automatically set as active. If you're running into issues, do everything in the post marked as solution and then go
Oculus > Tools > OpenXR > Switch to OpenXR

Did a quick test in Gravity Lab
https://twitter.com/MarkSchrammVR/status/1426813781624066057