cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Touch Controllers 3d models

TopoSolitario
Honored Guest
Hello, I'm the designer of the NoobTube aiming device for Oculus Quest and Oculus Go... It's a very popular item, easy to print and build, cheap and extremely usable. To update it for Quest 2 I need a 3d model of the Quest 2 controllers, does anyone have it? has it been released officially?
For the Quest and Go I used the official ones in download section, but it hasn't been updated with the Quest 2 ones.
7 REPLIES 7

AstroHippo
Honored Guest
Looking for it too. Oculus did updated the controller art, but the model is provided in .fbx file format. Also, the left and right controllers are stuck together. People say it is actually two separated objects and I can open and edit .fbx file in Fusion 360, but free trial version doesn't support it. 
The file provided looks like this:
l8kkl4bu9v3q.png

mo6aro79w8a3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a zip package containing the controller fbx's from the original splitted into individual left/right version
hope everything stayed intact ( i used 3ds Max 2021 for the conversion/split ).
It complained about one DDS texture but i think this still should be embedded in the fbx

UPDATE:

For some reason file atttachmends seem broken since the forum update

I was able to extract the original download link though, hope this works for a while

Oculus Touch for Quest 2_FBX_split.zip 

Anonymous
Not applicable

boopidoo
Explorer

spacefrog said:

Here's a zip package containing the controller fbx's from the original splitted into individual left/right version
It complained about one DDS texture but i think this still should be embedded in the fbx

Thanks for that. However the size seems to be way off. Can that be a converting error? I'm designing a mount for the controllers but when I import the ring is about 10mm in diameter. I don't have the actual controllers to measure and scale properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

boopidoo said:

spacefrog said:

Thanks for that. However the size seems to be way off. Can that be a converting error? I'm designing a mount for the controllers but when I import the ring is about 10mm in diameter. I don't have the actual controllers to measure and scale properly.

I just checked my converted files vs. the original package:
the FBX scale factors of both are certainly identical and the size is exactly the same
So in short - if you use/import  the original fbx files from the "oculus-controller-art-v1.3.zip" download
you should see exactly the same issue, so i guess some import setting might be off on your side

What application/engine are you using to load the FBX files ?
Which FBX unit scaling on import are you using ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I put the download link directly into my original post

the FILE ATTACHMENT doesnt work and i cant remove it either, becouse this new forum software doesnt seem to know anything about file attachments .... 😖

Thanks spacefrog this split the controllers. So, now I can use both left and right quest 2 models in Unity. The original file found here https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-controller-art/ would not work for me. Also I am new at this. I could not get the files inside the .fbx file to work only the main .fbx file. When using the main .fbx file it would display both the left and the right.