cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest display colours seem off

MMFH
Level 2
We are experiencing some issues with the development of our museum for the Oculus Quest. For a true, lifelike representation of paintings, it's vital the colours of the canvasses in-game match the real works. We are satisfied with the way the colours are represented on the Oculus Go, and on the rift, but on the Quest, the colours seem a lot more saturated. Could the displays be that different or does Oculus use some kind of post-processing colour correction? When we made a video capture for demoing purposes on the Quest, the colours seemed more natural than experienced in-headset. This suggests that the display of the Quest has different colour properties. We have been thinking about doing device specific post-processing colour correction but future changes in the Oculus hard/software could cause us to have to redo these every time. We would love a more future-proof solution. Has anyone else had this experience?

6 REPLIES 6

MikeSwanson
Level 4
We've seen the same issues. An easy test is to create a greyscale gradient and display it on each device. On Rift, everything appears without a color cast. However, on Go and Quest, there is a visible color cast to the gradient. I'd describe it as "pink-ish".

Also, like your experience, when we do a screen capture or recording, the capture doesn't exhibit the cast, leading us to believe that the colors are being modified on the way to the screen or as a characteristic of the display itself.

pancakecircus
Level 2
Same issue here, how did you guys end up dealing with it?

MikeSwanson
Level 4
We weren't able to solve this issue.

TippingPoint
Level 2
Has anyone been able to solve this issue? I've been working on medical applications that depend heavily on mostly-red biological materials, which are now heavily blown out on the quest.

MUVirsabi
Level 3

Has anyone been able to solve this issue? I've been working on medical applications that depend heavily on mostly-red biological materials, which are now heavily blown out on the quest.

Same exact problem here. Did you find a solution? The color in question (#B51632) becomes almost brown - more weird is the fact that it only happens in one of the scenes...

bdeschryver
Level 2
Hey guys ? Did you manage to get this solved ?
I had the same issue and now checked the "custom color space" option in OVR_Manager. I set it to Quest, and now my colors seem fine !
Can you test/confirm ?

Thanks