cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenXR Native Quest Build on Unity 2020.3

HackNFly
Honored Guest

I'm involved in a game that has made the leap to using OpenXR for cross platform support.  My colleague has the game working using the Quest 2 via the link cable but I have had minimal success trying to create even a single scene to work using Unity and compiled for the Quest natively.

Does anyone have any tutorials or sample projects that make use of OpenXR and compile for the Quest natively?  I've built other projects for the Quest but not using OpenXR.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

sms2
Honored Guest

I'm one of the devs for Sci-Fi Ship Controller and we have it "working" on U2020.3 and XR Plugin 4.1.0. We still have some stuff to solve but at least we can build a scene and run it natively on a Quest 2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you aren't planning on shipping for a while, you might want to avoid OpenXR on Quest for the moment.

"Due to the known compatibility issues with hand-tracking and haptics, Oculus Store and App Lab will not accept apps built with v31.x SDK and OpenXR backend."

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration/

(The Known Issues/OpenXR section)

HackNFly
Honored Guest

Thank you for the updates, I was able to get it working, and I did not know about the OpenXR limitation in the app store.  Annoying considering it's what they are recommending for the future.  We have other headsets we are targetting as well so we'lls tick with it for now.  Thank you both for the info.