cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context-sensitive touch control labelling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given how complex Quill's touch controls can be (different modes of interaction, pivot gimball control, ALT controls, hidden duplication controls) it would be great (especially for beginners but also useful to those who don't use Quill every day) if you could enable controller tooltips, in the settings. Just like in Medium, or Oculus home, where you can see virtual controllers, each button's function before you hit it, and when you hit a modifier button you get context-sensitive changes to the controls. This would improve the usability of what is already a fantastically hands-on program. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Shadedlady
Explorer
an ingame tutorial would also be nice. I can't watch youtube while i'm inside the program

Anonymous
Not applicable

an ingame tutorial would also be nice. I can't watch youtube while i'm inside the program

If you use Windows 10, and Rift Core 2.0, you can use 'Oculus Desktop' which lets you use your desktop environment while in VR, making it possible to swap between a tutorial video and Quill etc.

Shadedlady
Explorer

lawwk said:

If you use Windows 10, and Rift Core 2.0, you can use 'Oculus Desktop' which lets you use your desktop environment while in VR, making it possible to swap between a tutorial video and Quill etc.

Yes I can do that but it's not as effective as the ingame video tvori uses

Shadedlady
Explorer

\Shadedlady said:

lawwk said:

Yes I can do that but it's not as effective as the ingame video tvori uses

I just found out you can see it inside quill or medium if you pin the desktop! https://twitter.com/lizaledwards/status/1080199373793955840