cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World in Worlds is AMAZING!

Duncan_Disorder
Protege
I got my Oculus Touch a few weeks and I've used Quill and Medium quite a bit since then. Can't say I have a preference between the two, since they both have their own unique appeal. 

If you're like me and have only glimpsed at the different pre-made images, look at them again. In particular, study "World in Worlds" in detail and you'll be blown away. I only discovered this earlier and had no idea just how poignant the title was. If you look in the car with the two aliens, one is holding a globe. Zoom in on the globe and there's a man holding a globe in his hand. Zoom in on that and there are rabbits, one is even hiding in a little cave. But, it goes further. Zoom in on that and there are tiny insects doing their thing.

The insects are the smallest. This has prompted me to wonder; how small can you go? Or, how big?
7 REPLIES 7

Highway_UK
Honored Guest
Off topic but hey! Nice to see you here.....it's a small World isn't it? 🙂 (RoC_TomHorn a.k.a Bobtuck)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm probably doing something wrong here but when I zoom in (hold down trigger and use thumbstick), zooming slots down and eventually the screen goes all blue.  I can't get right in on the man with the globe in his hand for example.  What am I doing wrong?

Duncan_Disorder
Protege

Off topic but hey! Nice to see you here.....it's a small World isn't it? 🙂 (RoC_TomHorn a.k.a Bobtuck)

OK. 0.o Officially freaked out here. Not only do we stumble across each other in a totally unrelated forum to the one where we met, but we bump into each other in a thread that's basically about a small world. lol

Anyway, good to see you as well. 😃

I'm probably doing something wrong here but when I zoom in (hold down trigger and use thumbstick), zooming slots down and eventually the screen goes all blue.  I can't get right in on the man with the globe in his hand for example.  What am I doing wrong?

I find it's best to do it in stages. Like, I centre my cam on globe the alien is holding. Next, I hold both triggers and move my arms apart, which makes the entire scene grow. Most likely, the cam won't be focused on the globe at this point. Simply hold down the trigger and pull yourself towards the globe. Rinse and repeat. It shouldn't take much before you have enlarged the globe in the alien's hand to a size you can explore properly.

After this, you do the same on the globe in the hand of the man in the park. Like above, rinse and repeat until you have enlarged the globe in the man's hand. If you explore that globe, you should see the rabbits. After the rabbits, you should see tiny insects on top of the mound with the rabbit inside a little cave. Zoom in on the insects, rinse and repeat.

If you're having trouble finding the insects, I made the different layer groups invisible. If you make the rabbit layer invisible, you should be able to see the tiny clump of grass with the insects.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it did - thanks for your advice.  The pull apart controllers worked a lot better than the single controller/stick approach.  I also found the angle was quite important.  Thanks for the help

Duncan_Disorder
Protege

Yes it did - thanks for your advice.  The pull apart controllers worked a lot better than the single controller/stick approach.  I also found the angle was quite important.  Thanks for the help

Brilliant! Pleased to hear my advice helped. 🙂

Duncan_Disorder
Protege

OK. 0.o Officially freaked out here. Not only do we stumble across each other in a totally unrelated forum to the one where we met, but we bump into each other in a thread that's basically about a small world. lol

Anyway, nice to see you as well. 😃

I find it's best to do it in stages. Like, I centre my cam on globe the alien is holding. Next, I hold both triggers and move my arms apart, which makes the entire scene grow. Most likely, the cam won't be focused on the globe at this point. Simply hold down the trigger and pull yourself towards the globe. Rinse and repeat. It shouldn't take much before you have enlarged the globe in the alien's hand to a size you can explore properly.

After this, you do the same on the globe in the hand of the man in the park. Like above, rinse and repeat until you have enlarged the globe in the man's hand. If you explore that globe, you should see the rabbits. After the rabbits, you should see tiny insects on top of the mound with the rabbit inside a little cave. Zoom in on the insects, rinse and repeat.

If you're having trouble finding the insects, I made the different layer groups invisible. If you make the rabbit layer invisible, you should be able to see the tiny clump of grass with the insects.

Hope this helps!

Duncan_Disorder
Protege

Anyway, nice to see you as well. 😃

Hope this helps!