cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW is not interpolating frames -- anyone else have this?

MadMax1998
Level 5
Hey guys,
when I still had my Rift and (I think) before building my new AMD-based rig, I could run games with (automatic) ASW and it would do what it says -- interpolate missing frames, resulting in a smooth picture with some warped lines. However, for a long time this has not been the case. Essentially, when ASW kicks in or I force it on, all that happens is "vsyncing" to 45/36 FPS (I now use Oculus Link) and I get stutter. Nothing is being interpolated anymore. It happens on all games and made me wonder whether it's simply bugged!

For reference, I was running my Rift on an old Intel system with a GeForce GTX 1070, and my current rig is a Ryzen with a Radeon 5700 XT. I wonder if the video card has anything to do with the issue. Drivers are always the most recent.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
2 REPLIES 2

RuneSR2
Level 15
ASW 2.0 is working perfectly on my rig - CV1. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MadMax1998
Level 5
You neither use Oculus Link nor AMD hardware, so naturally it's working for you. I explained that I suspect the hardware change to have caused the problem, so if anyone else with AMD hardware can confirm/deny that they have it too, or if someone with Nvidia hardware can confirm it too, that would help.