cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW is not interpolating frames -- anyone else have this?

MadMax1998
Adventurer
Hey guys,
when I still had my Rift and (I think) before building my new AMD-based rig, I could run games with (automatic) ASW and it would do what it says -- interpolate missing frames, resulting in a smooth picture with some warped lines. However, for a long time this has not been the case. Essentially, when ASW kicks in or I force it on, all that happens is "vsyncing" to 45/36 FPS (I now use Oculus Link) and I get stutter. Nothing is being interpolated anymore. It happens on all games and made me wonder whether it's simply bugged!

For reference, I was running my Rift on an old Intel system with a GeForce GTX 1070, and my current rig is a Ryzen with a Radeon 5700 XT. I wonder if the video card has anything to do with the issue. Drivers are always the most recent.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
2 REPLIES 2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
ASW 2.0 is working perfectly on my rig - CV1. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MadMax1998
Adventurer
You neither use Oculus Link nor AMD hardware, so naturally it's working for you. I explained that I suspect the hardware change to have caused the problem, so if anyone else with AMD hardware can confirm/deny that they have it too, or if someone with Nvidia hardware can confirm it too, that would help.