cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon orders after I orderd from Oculus direct are already getting tracking numbers?!?!

AtomicTexan
Explorer
Why are people on Amazon already getting theirs shipped out that ordered theirs after I ordered mine directly?
I've had several who told me they ordered theirs on amazon on the 10th and 11th and I ordered mine on the 8th
Just curious.
19 REPLIES 19

wzygrr
Protege

xXRandyXx said:

Why are people on Amazon already getting theirs shipped out that ordered theirs after I ordered mine directly?
I've had several who told me they ordered theirs on amazon on the 10th and 11th and I ordered mine on the 8th
Just curious.

I placed my order at Amazon on 4/30 and the delivery date of 5/23 has never varied. I'm in the US btw.

AtomicTexan
Explorer
odd it seems random one guy said he ordered on may 11th and another may 10th and the may 11 has a tracking number saying it's being shipped and the may 10th guy doesn't have a tracking number. So I guess first come doesn't work with Amazon

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would think location would play a part in that.

AtomicTexan
Explorer
true but I'm in the united states which everything usually gets here quick

CrimsonRelic
Protege

xXRandyXx said:

Just curious.

I'm baffled by this as well. Oculus site has taken my money, but still no shipping details.  I live in the US and ordered right after the announcement. 

jayhawk
Superstar
Ordered to ship from Best Buy on 4/30. I've seen nothing so far. If units really are on hold from shipping until the 21st that's just lame.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered Rift S from Amazon minutes after they went up, and I still have a May 22nd delivery day (I paid for 1 day shipping as well). Not in a huge rush here so I'm fine waiting for Wednesday.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Obviously those who work at Amazon are first 😉

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I ordered from Amazon.ca, with a promise of "release day delivery" /two day shipping. They are full of shit, and can't meet that. Mines coming on the 23rd.

At least my repeated complaints about their false advertising at check out got me $30 credit.