cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon orders after I orderd from Oculus direct are already getting tracking numbers?!?!

AtomicTexan
Level 3
Why are people on Amazon already getting theirs shipped out that ordered theirs after I ordered mine directly?
I've had several who told me they ordered theirs on amazon on the 10th and 11th and I ordered mine on the 8th
Just curious.
19 REPLIES 19

babybasher
Level 4
Because Oculus give priority to places like Amazon.  Sucks for those of us who want to buy from Oculus direct.  Business doesn't give a fuck about loyalty

dburne
Level 16

I ordered Rift S from Amazon minutes after they went up, and I still have a May 22nd delivery day (I paid for 1 day shipping as well). Not in a huge rush here so I'm fine waiting for Wednesday.

Yeah I had to cancel my Oculus order and ordered from Amazon - Prime with 2 day shipping.
I am currently showing expected delivery on the 23rd.
Hoping I get lucky and it might ship a day early or so.
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

MikeF
Level 10
same thing happened with the cv1 release. Day one, minute one order didnt show up for nearly 5 months while amazon and best buy was getting all of them rite away

falken76
Level 13

xXRandyXx said:

Why are people on Amazon already getting theirs shipped out that ordered theirs after I ordered mine directly?
I've had several who told me they ordered theirs on amazon on the 10th and 11th and I ordered mine on the 8th
Just curious.

It was like this for CV1 also, I think the Touch were the same.  The answer is this:  In the online world, Amazon is a client that's as important as Walmart, the volume they do is unmatched, so Facebook will of prioritiezed them over consumers for sure.  They probably have their stock numbers in order this time around.  But Amazon are masters of logistics, it's what they do.  They are far more efficient at handling large volume orders in a timely fashion than Facebook could ever hope to be.  I would always buy directly from Amazon because they're just faster since logistics IS their line of business....

falken76
Level 13

xXRandyXx said:

true but I'm in the united states which everything usually gets here quick

Yes but Amazon makes use of all their FBA facilities and spreads stock amongst them based on selling patterns.  So someone might simply be in a zip code that is closer to a facility that stocks the merchandise and could recieve it earlier than someone that ordered a day later if they don't live close to a facility that has one in its stock.  They actually do this:  I was buying ABS plastic for my 3d printers.  It took 5 days for it to arrive because it shipped from an FBA warehouse on the east coast.  After I'd ordered 4 times, it started getting to me in 1 or 2 days.  Why?  Because their system noticed that my region was ordering a lot of ABS plastic so they sent supplies to the warehouse that was closest to the zip codes that were ordering.  Their systems do this in the background and this could certainly change timeframes for delivery.  Just the fact that they do that explains how seriously they take this and explains why you may get an item faster through them at launch than the manufacturer.

That being said, since this is a new release, hopefully for those that ordered from Amazon, they sent the stock to an FBA warehouse that is nearby to you.  They probably spread them out based on sales data from previous Oculus sales on their platform.

bagasten
Level 3
The clear lesson for me is never order from Oculus again. 

SSJGODVR
Level 3
Just recieved my mail from our local store (Netherlands). My Rift S will be delivered may 21st between 10:30 and 11:30 in the morning. I am sooooo excited!!

dburne
Level 16
Mine ordered on Amazon still showing expected delivery the 23rd.
Needless to say I am checking it daily (a few times) now lol.
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

TrollCruise
Level 3
Thanks Oculus for rewarding the loyalty of the users who have bought your products, making us receive them later than the people who buy them on Amazon.

AtomicTexan
Level 3
wow on discord someone said theirs is ready for pick up at Best Buy and just ordered it. I guess stores get priority over direct orders as well as amazon. note to self no more direct orders.