cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a link to Rift S drivers from March or April?

Tonyp23
Level 3

The new drivers have introduced black screens and freezes on my Rift S.

Was working fine until the update.

I rolled back to older drivers about a year ago and it was a good temporary fix by blocking auto updates but those drivers are too old now.

I should have made a copy of the software from April, as I had no problems at all.

If anyone has them uploaded anywhere, that would be great.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I discovered a google drive that has previous versions of the Oculus software to manually rollback the drivers, and can confirm it's an issue with the v28 update...after reverting to v25, my Rift S did not have a black screen once after 8 hours of continuous testing.  As soon as I unblocked the Oculus app from updating in Windows Firewall and it updated back to v28, I got a black screen within 15 minutes of playtime.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

stateofstatic
Level 4

Same thing for me, random black screen for my Rift S started yesterday after Oculus update....

Tonyp23
Level 3

Thanks...hope it’s just a driver problem and goes away with the next update.

I discovered a google drive that has previous versions of the Oculus software to manually rollback the drivers, and can confirm it's an issue with the v28 update...after reverting to v25, my Rift S did not have a black screen once after 8 hours of continuous testing.  As soon as I unblocked the Oculus app from updating in Windows Firewall and it updated back to v28, I got a black screen within 15 minutes of playtime.

View solution in original post

Great stuff. I've tried everything and thought it must be the drivers.

For some reason, I couldn't install the older drivers but now Ill just wait for Oculus to fix it.

Was beginning to think my Rift S was broken.

Cheers

could you give me link to v25 ?

please

TC37
Level 2

AlexLogin0ff
Level 3

Could you briefly write how to install the previous version of the oculus, the main points