cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio device dissapearing?

Unearthlysoap
Level 2

So I usually wear my Bluetooth earbuds when playing on my oculus rift s. I connected them before putting on my headset and it was working fine. But when I put on my headset the device “disconnects” (it’s still turned on and connected in the Bluetooth settings, but in the sound properties it says disconnected) and disappears from the audio menu and forcefully switches me to the rift s audio. I did get it to load up a game once with the audio working, but within seconds my game froze for a few seconds and the earbuds were removed from the sound menu. Why is it doing this? I didn’t have an issue before this and I’ve tried restarting my laptop multiple times but to no avail. I’ve tried removing the earbuds and re-adding it, disconnected and reconnected etc. and for some reason it still allows me to listen into the microphone but of course the sound quality is garbage because that’s not the main audio. I have the galaxy buds plus and it’s not letting me listen into the galaxy buds stereo but only the hands free AG audio. I tried right clicking to reconnect to the stereo audio in the sound control panel but it does nothing. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Unearthlysoap,

While there are games don't need audio to be fun, being able to experience soundtracks and gameplay is what makes the VR world so immersive. Let's see what we can do to correct this issue. 

Audio mirroring on Oculus Rift S and Rift allows audio to be played from both VR and your computer at the same time.

To turn audio mirroring on:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC Computer.
  2. Select Devices in the left menu and click Rift S and Touch.

3. 3.Use the toggles to select if you want to:
    • Hear VR audio from Computer: Your computer's speakers will play the same things you hear from your VR headset.

• Hear Computer audio from VR: Your VR headset will play the same things you hear from your computer's speakers.

Notes:

• Your Rift S or Rift headset must be plugged in during this process to successfully activate audio mirroring.

• In order to use audio mirroring, your speakers should be set as default audio devices from within your Windows audio settings.

If you have attempted these steps and are still experiencing issues with the audio quality, please come submit a support ticket. We look forward to finding a resolution together. 

Yeah the audio mirroring option doesn’t look like it’s there, and every time I open the app it remove my earbuds as a listening device, so I’ll send in a ticket. (Sorry for the late response, been busy.)