cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Oculus Touch: Test Scripts Aren't Receiving Controller Input

FruitRolla01
Sightseer
I'm trying to set up Auto Hot Key and the addon Auto Oculus Touch; I want to write a basic script to trigger haptic vibration while aiming.
However, I've been trying to use the test scripts provided in the download without any luck. I open Oculus_Touch_Test to check the inputs and there aren't any being registered (I tried with my headset on and off)

What I'm currently using:
AutoHotKey v 1.1.29.01
AutoOculusTouch: v 1.6
Oculus Rift S
Oculus Touch Controllers

The AOT readme claims I don't need to install the download folder anywhere specific, only that all the files should be kept together. So I put them in a folder on my desktop along with AHK. When I run scripts, the green square with a white H comes up on my windows icon tray. I don't get any runtime or compiling errors even when trying to run my custom script.

Is there some critical step I overlooked to get the AOT scripts to read input from my Touch controllers?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks! 
2 REPLIES 2

kojack
MVP
MVP
Make sure you've got the auto_oculus_touch.dll file in the same directory as the scripts. They open that file to access the controllers.

The Rift-S does have some limitations compared to the CV1, it will lose rotation tracking after about 20 seconds of the headset face sensor not being active, while the CV1 will keep tracking rotation (not sure why Oculus made them behave differently). But the buttons/trigger/thumbstick should still work. I've just tested a Rift-S with AOT and it's working with the latest Oculus software.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

FruitRolla01
Sightseer
@kojack thank you so much! That got it to work immediately 😄 
Really appreciate the help! Now on to trying to write AOT scripts heh