cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Station compatibility for Rift S?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still slightly new to vr, but I've been looking around recently for things like full body vr(like the vive trackers) and the ability to have finger tracking(index controller). I came across a couple of posts from a year ago and thought I'd see if any better solution has come up, or better yet to re-suggest adding Base Station compatibility to the rift s to help with both dead zones, and add the possiblity of body trackers or the use of the index controllers. from what ive seen theres a couple of hacky ways to do full body, but they glitch alot when in use. I've yet to have to many problems with dead zones, but it has happened, and i think the suggestions i saw would work well, and open up doors for the rift s. if anyone knows of any newer solutions to full body im all ears for it.
2 REPLIES 2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Q: "Base Station compatibility for Rift S?"

A: Zero - nada - nichts!

Base stations work with HTC Vive (and Cosmos Elite), Pimax and Index. WMR and Oculus hmds do not works with base stations. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX8NK-lsPY it is possible (Sorry it won't let me post direct link)