cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big issues after the update

OasiceVR
Explorer

I had my rift S working great until this bloody update.

Firmware installed : 

Headset : 1.7.1

Touch controllers left/right : 1.11.0

Why the hell I couldn't skip this update. I really regret

After the update, I got several error messages :

- could not connect the headset

- could not connect one of the touch controller

- oculus app need to restart

I was very satisfied with my rift s (I own a Rift Quest as well)

I hate this kind of mandatory update ! Once done, I got a successfull confirmation but in reality this was not the case.

Rebooted several time, the headset was like briked with the led detection staying red.

I unplugged everything then reconnected, then nothing on the screen except 3 dots loading.

The touch controllers pop up a message, low battery critical. It is a new battery. 

I uninstalled everything, and restarted the software installation again.

Re-asking for the update again (no image on the headset )

Re-updated + touch , then error during the process

Then another error message :  Display port connector. Headset not detected.

I am so pissed off ! Why Why why Oculus ???

Restarted again the whole process. After more than 1 hour, the headset is recognized and the touch also with full battery ( I didn't replaced the battery as I know they are fully charged)

This experience disgusted me so deep.

The home screen doesn't look smooth when I turn my head ( like micro juddering time to time). Previous the update it was perfectly smooth.

FYI , I know exactly what I'm doing. Not a noob. I'm an IT engineer in computer & software since years.

My hardware is more then enough for running VR and brand new. The system is a fresh installed OS. I know that it's not my hardware. Everything was running smooth perfect before this bloody update !

Why this mess oculus 😕

Not happy at all !

Update

No improvement. Touch disconnected, Headset as well.

I have to reboot the PC then relink (pairing) the touch manually. Battery critical display even if the battery is new. After a relink it displays 100% charge. Strange.

Oculus app asking to restart the app. Done it , headset connect then disconnect again.

The home is replaced by a white area with lines or 3 dots loading. After a reboot again, I can get the home back.

After 30min, if I want to use the headset, same shit again, I have to restart the whole procedure to get it work.

I have several touch controller displayed in the list. I can"t even delete the old one after repairing.

Completely random success/ fails.

The home is not smooth like before.

Before the update, whenever I put the headset on my head, everything ran automatically : wake up the rift and oculus home display. That was great.

But it was before !

Oculus support, you have to FIX this mess ASAP ! I bought a working product and you broke it !

This is unacceptable !

8 REPLIES 8

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Broke it for you not everybody!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
While 1.38 final is still in rollout mode maybe try downloading the Rift software and run Repair.  This should take you back to a more stable 1.37.1 version (for now).
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

OasiceVR
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

While 1.38 final is still in rollout mode maybe try downloading the Rift software and run Repair.  This should take you back to a more stable 1.37.1 version (for now).

Tried that but not solved the various problems.
Random battery drain, or headset not recognized.
Juddering in the home screen, random white flashes...
I give up, bought the product for enjoying it during rare free time, not wasting time troubleshooting it.
How to disgust a customer forever !

V12-StevenX
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

But if you repair and rollback to 1.37.. all working fine but how you open home ..oculus start the update to 1.38 again. Does exist a mode to block update and remain with 1.37?

Babodildil
Explorer

i'm a CV1 user and have got same issues here 😞

Babodildil
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

i tried the repair but it didn't rollback to 1.37.1.

it was helpless and i'd better wait for a hotfix

Babodildil
Explorer
i think i've found a solution.
please check if your account is made of ASCII characters.
if you are using it utf8 or unicode, you need to change your account and user folder in english.

when i saw the log from oculus library, several strings of pathname were broken by my utf8 username.
after changed it to english characters, it started to work well

oculus dev team must check this problem of handling multilingual pathname in the recent version 1.38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here with my Rift S. In the devices category it says I have over 8 right controllers and the right battery is always low even when I put a fresh one in. I can swap the left battery with the right battery and right is still low. Games freeze and boot me and I get a warning about a headset disconnect or low battery.