cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

Lom
Level 4
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
177 REPLIES 177

harveysimpson39
Level 3
Did the windows update fix it for anyone else? 

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
So it's a windows compatibility issue and not the S causing this problem???
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RD909
Level 2


Did the windows update fix it for anyone else? 



Not for me.
Alienware X51 R3 - Nvidia GTX 970

harveysimpson39
Level 3

Techy111 said:

So it's a windows compatibility issue and not the S causing this problem???


I believe so. 

Worked great on my 980, post upgrade to 2070 crashes almost immediately 

Satyr604
Level 3
For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue. Together with a myriad of other issues I've had to wade through. Which I'm not fully confident are fully fixed. But I also have an RTX 2070. Also, my computer screen often flashes to black while running the Oculus app. 

harveysimpson39
Level 3

Satyr604 said:

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue. Together with a myriad of other issues I've had to wade through. Which I'm not fully confident are fully fixed. But I also have an RTX 2070. Also, my computer screen often flashes to black while running the Oculus app. 


Let's hope the fixers are reading these posts to join up the dots and find a fix... 

Boss150
Level 2
I am working through the same problem.  WIll work for a few seconds, then black screen.  Unplugging the mini-displayport adapter and then plugging it back in gets it working for a few more seconds.  I will try updating windows and see if that happens.  Running a gtx 1070.  

harveysimpson39
Level 3

Boss150 said:

I am working through the same problem.  WIll work for a few seconds, then black screen.  Unplugging the mini-displayport adapter and then plugging it back in gets it working for a few more seconds.  I will try updating windows and see if that happens.  Running a gtx 1070.  


Let us know if the update helps you or not please. 

Ithsvan
Level 2
The windows update didn't work for me

pforsgard
Level 3
I have the same issue. Setup works fine until the continue in VR part. I have audio but no video. White LED in the headset and blue in the front. Seems like this is an issue for many users now,