cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen with Rift S in Setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy guys,

i get no picture when i should use my rift s to end the setup in VR. Only black screen, white led and sound, but no picture. Reinstalled, reconnected, new driver and so on.
Im on a i7 4790k, gtx 1080. Till now i put hours in this damn thing....
177 REPLIES 177

Slenderbrine
Sightseer
I am having the same issues!! I've installed & Re-installed everything. I get through the set up. To where it says finish set up in VR, put the headset on and BLACK SCREEN! Put in a ticket. Hope to hear something soon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Received my recently purchased rift s today, and black screen while setup. only sometime backlight up for some seconds. white (in) and blue (out) leds are on
i thought I9-9900k+32Gb + 2080ti,  is enough to run this BS
all firmwares, all drivers, w10 are up to date

if not solved in 2 days, return to amazon for refund and maybe order of another brand or keep my wmr
tried USB 3.0 or 3.1, and all dp ports on graphic card
tried uninstall/re-install 
tried tried tried for some hours this afternoon, and nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cryshah said:

Received my recently purchased rift s today, and black screen while setup. only sometime backlight up for some seconds. white (in) and blue (out) leds are on
i thought I9-9900k+32Gb + 2080ti,  is enough to run this BS
all firmwares, all drivers, w10 are up to date

if not solved in 2 days, return to amazon for refund and maybe order of another brand or keep my wmr
tried USB 3.0 or 3.1, and all dp ports on graphic card
tried uninstall/re-install 
tried tried tried for some hours this afternoon, and nothing

I have been running my Rift S on a very similar spec PC since May - and using it daily with no issues. Solid as can be.

Are you wanting assistance from the community or just to announce your return of the device within two days if not solved. Myself personally, I tend not to try and help when faced with deadlines announced for any help.
Not sure where you would be seeing white in and blue out led's. There is a white led on the headset when it is active.

Did you enable camera in Windows 10?

Have a nice day,

Anonymous
Not applicable
I submitted a ticket and any help is welcome
but at the price of the item, I'm not going to wait too long to return it. I bought it for it to work, not to participate in a beta

there is a white led inside between the lenses, and a blue one outside in the middle of the front
The camera is active, and the last application that used it is oculus

fishhunt
Expert Protege
the forums saying some usb 3 ports not giving enough power to the oculus rift s if you have a usb type c it should work
I hope oculus support gets this sorted out with next update

Anonymous
Not applicable
usb has specifications, if oculus exceeds them, they must provide an additional power supply

another 5 hours lost for tries:
tried uninstall-install oculus soft several times with full download every time
tried uninstall drivers
tried restart service
tried all USB 3.0 ports
tried all USB 3.1 gen 1 ports
tried all USB 3.1 gen 2 ports
tried thunderbolt port (USB C)

one time (only one), i had a 3 second message for guardian (or something like that) description then return to black

to have your eyes in the dark, a sleep eye mask, it's less than $10 on amazon (and less heavy)

Anonymous
Not applicable
The display after the controllers are set
9sbnqk9pdws8.jpg

The display after clicking continue (controllers are on desk) : the black around the small window was filled by the black and white image captured by the helmet cameras
7meug70atq0d.jpg

after taking a controller in hand : full black     tried 3 times for same result
avzq7lujfko8.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
After nearly 20 hours of testing by doing various manipulations requested by the support
I bought an extension card to have dedicated USB 3.0 ports with independent power, for exactly the same result: 
Tomorrow, back to Amazon for a replacement to start with, and at the slightest problem with the replacement, return for refund, and never more oculus