cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank display

Runwaypimp
Level 2
If I leave my Rift S idle on the desk for a while, upon returning to it, the display won't fire up. The white light is on inside as is the blue light on the front of the mask.
Rebooting the system can help, as can juggling around the USB or Displayport cables. It is sadly only a temporary fix as the problems always return. 

It is becoming very frustrating as I can be forced to go through setup again and again.
The Older Rift was always fine.

Any solutions to this issue?
6 REPLIES 6

dburne
Level 16
When you are leaving the Rift S on idle, are you leaving Oculus Home running or are you closing Oculus Home?

I have the issue where if I close Oculus Home and then launch it again during the same session in the day, I will not get an image in the headset. Have to either restart the Oculus service three times, or reboot the PC to get it back.
Or unplug the display port connection and plug back in. 
Long as I leave Oculus Home running and minimized I will get an image when putting headset back on every time.
So I just leave it running and minimized during the day while PC is running to avoid the issue for now.
Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |

Runwaypimp
Level 2
No difference if Home is running already or freshly loaded. Even restarting Oculus software doesn't help.
Only a full system reboot can fix it. Sometimes I need to reboot and switch display ports.

MAC_MAN86
Level 9
Temporary Fix is just put Tape over the Headset Sensor and keep it awake. Just hope it doesn't burn out the OLED pixels or other components but that's what your Warranty is for.

Bananaro
Level 3

dburne said:

When you are leaving the Rift S on idle, are you leaving Oculus Home running or are you closing Oculus Home?

I have the issue where if I close Oculus Home and then launch it again during the same session in the day, I will not get an image in the headset. Have to either restart the Oculus service three times, or reboot the PC to get it back.
Long as I leave Oculus Home running and minimized I will get an image when putting headset back on every time.
So I just leave it running and minimized during the day while PC is running to avoid the issue for now.

Same problem for me.
I also uploaded the displayport firmware with the nvidia tool but didn't solve.
Which kind of Vga card do you have? I've a Gigabyte gtx1070.

dburne
Level 16

Bananaro said:

dburne said:

Same problem for me.
I also uploaded the displayport firmware with the nvidia tool but didn't solve.
Which kind of Vga card do you have? I've a Gigabyte gtx1070.

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.
Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |

antitrust42
Level 4
lol is in your signature and he not have see lol